In the highly anticipated Netflix film To The Bone, Ellen is an unruly 20-year-old girl struggling with a distressing relationship with food, who spent the better part of her teenage years being shepherded through various recovery programs, only to find herself several pounds lighter every time. Determined to find a solution, her dysfunctional family agrees to send her to a group home for youths, which is led by a non-traditional doctor.
Surprised by the unusual rules, Ellen must discover for herself how to challenge the voices inside that bring her down, and attempt self-acceptance.
To The Bone shares a fearless story of self-discovery, learning how to accept help, and above all, silencing the negative voices in your mind.
In 500-words or less, tell us how you conquered your internal monologue and overcame negativity for your chance to win a Wattpad To The Bone Prize Pack!
Tag your story with #MindOverMatterContest and post the link to your completed story in the comments below so we know it's up. The 10 top stories as selected by our Wattpad staff will be featured in a reading list on the Chicklit profile, and sent to Netflix for judging.
The top entry, as selected by the Netflix judging panel, will receive a Wattpad To The Bone prize pack, with the following:
- A To The Bone novel, personally signed by Lily Collins!
- A To The Bone script & poster, signed by the film's writer Marti Noxon
- A Wattpad mug
- A Wattpad canvas tote bag
- A Wattpad t-shirt
- 5 Wattpad branded stickers
Consider the thought starters below for your entries:
- Can you recall an instance where you felt the negative voices were bringing you down, but you were able to rise above them?
- What's your trick to silencing the negative voices and building a positive internal monologue?
- Have you ever helped a friend or family member overcome their struggle with silencing that negative voice inside?
Submit your stories by August 22nd at 11:59pm PST.
1. Your story must be in English
2. Your story can be a maximum of 500 Words. Anything over that will be disqualified!
3. Entrants must be legal residents of the United States and 13 years of age or older at the time of entry
4. You can enter as many times as you want, as long as your entries meet our guidelines.
5. Your story must be original and created by YOU!
6. Your story must be tagged #MindOverMatterContest
A note from the Wattpad Staff:
It is our goal at Wattpad to build a safe and comfortable space for everyone to discover and create.
If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of self-harm or suicide, please know that help is available. Any content that encourages or gives instruction on self-harm will be removed. Self-harm includes suicide and eating disorders.
If you come across any content that is triggering or upsetting to you, please feel free to access one of the many support resources available to you, or reach out to the Wattpad staff directly here:
YOU ARE READING
Netflix #MindOverMatterContestShort Story
THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED. In 500-words or less, tell us how you conquered your internal monologue and overcame negativity for your chance to win a signed prize from Lily Collins and Marti Noxon!