Chapter 18

Previously on Chapter 17

"Thomas! Teresa! Go, Now?!" I scream at the two as I start to battle more Griever. Some of us get caught by the Griever. The door finally open and the ceiling of the maze start moving down I quickly went through the door and the remaining Griever got squeezed to dead. I collapse to the floor breathing heavily. Newt pulled me up hugging me tightly "we made it, Y/N!" I hug him back. "But some of us didn't" I say as tears flowing down my eyes "I failed.... I promised to protect them" he rub circle on my back "shhh.... You tried your best Y/N. Just like you said as strong as you can be, you're only one person you can't expect to protect us all at once" he say gently. I nod. Once I'm calm I pulled away.

-Escape-

Y/N P.O.V

After resting for a while, we start to walk around. It seems like we're inside of a tunnel. "What is this place?" I heard Winston mumble. "I don't know either" I say looking around. We keep walking around until we came to a stop infront of a door.

"Exit" Minho mumble. He turn to us "you've got to be kidding me" he said chuckling a bit. "Well.... Here goes nothing...." I say holding the door handle. I twist it open and push it. We enter the room. The light is flickering. There's dead body everywhere. There's computer everywhere showing video about the Glade and us. "They're watching us" I heard someone mumble. I took out my arrow and place them in my bow incase we got attack.

Thomas walk to a monitor and pressing a button. A mid-aged woman appear on the screen. She explain us what we are..... An experiment. Then she show us what our planet have become. Lastly she explain about the virus that turned people into madman or we now know as Cranks. She also told us that we're special. She ends the video shooting her own head with a gun. We all turn to see her body a few feet away from us.

"So.... What now?" I notice movement behind us. I turn around and shock. It's Gally. "Gally?" The others also turn around. "We shouldn't have left the Glade" I walk towards him. But a hand pulled me back. "Don't.... He's been stung" Newt told me. I look back to Gally and notice his skin is slightly turned green-ish and his vein turn black. He raised his hand holding a gun. I tightened my grip on my archery. He points the gun at Thomas. "Gally.... Put the gun down. We are safe.... We manage to leave the Glade." He turn to me "No.... Y/N. We belong to the Glade.... We all do" he shot the gun. I raised my arrow and shot him. Hitting him right in the heart. I had to before he hurt anyone else. He drop to the ground dead.

"Thomas...." I turn to see Chuck. He collapse and Thomas caught him. I notice a blood started to form on his chest. I drop my archery "No.... Chuck..." I say as tears start to stream down my eyes. My hands went to my mouth as I started to sob. Chuck has been like a little brother to me. Newt pulled me into a hug. I hug him back tightly. Chuck gave something to Thomas. "No.... You're gonna give this to them. Remember? I promise you that" I heard Thomas said trying to give it back to Chuck. "No... Take it. Please... Take it" in the end Thomas took it from him. "Thank you.... Thank you" then Chuck's eyes loose the sign of life. They became dull, letting us know that he's gone. I cry harder clutching on Newt shirt who's still holding me. Thomas trying to get him back but we all know he's gone.

Suddenly the door swung open and a bunch of people come running in. They are telling us to get going. Newt grab my hand and start running. I look back while running to see they're trying to drag Thomas. But then Thomas got up and start running on his own. These people lead us to a helicopter. We enter the helicopter. We huddle up in one side of the helicopter. I sat with Newt and his arms is around me Thomas is in other side of me. I pat his back softly. He turn to me and I give him a soft smile. He gave me a small smile. We start flying. I look outside the window and see our Glade and the maze. When we fly further I see writings 'W.I.C.K.E.D' I had enough seeing all that so I lean my head on Newt's shoulder. His arms tighten around me, pulling me closer and place his head on top of mine. I close my eyes.

We're finally out of the Glade. I don't know
What to expect this on forward.
All we have to do now is

Wait and see

*The End*

A/N: we've finally reached the end of this story. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Let me know if you want a sequel. Because there's more than one series of The Maze Runner. So let me know. I enjoy writing this story so much. It's even more worth it with your supports. Thank you so much. Bye!!!