Having an Affair with My Soon-to-Be Stepdad [7]

Start from the beginning

I pushed back everything into the fridge and closed it. I looked in the cabinets for garnishes and pulled out the ketchup and Sriracha hot sauce. I grabbed an onion from the bowl on the counter and pulled out a knife from the cabinet below me. Finally, I gently pulled out a glass and a plate from the top cabinet, and two slices of bread the the bread pan, and began to cut up the vegetables.

I made the perfect sandwich. Perfect slices of turkey, onion, lettuce, tomato, and seasoned with ketchup and lightly drizzled with Sriracha sauce. I smiled at the beauty I had created and assorted five small baby carrots next to the sandwich. I topped it off with an yellow colored Gatorade and stepped into the living room.

Just as I was passing by, I saw a baby blue piece of paper taped to the fridge caught my eye. I pulled it off and read:

/ Dear Mirage,

Honey, by the time you read this, I'll be gone. I've went shopping to buy a dress for later tonight at a dinner party James is attending. I know you'll think of something to do by the time I get back at six. But then I'll be off again by eight.

Love you :)

Chrystal

P.S. James should be back from the gym at 12:30 :)

P.S.S Be nice. Love you.

I rolled my eyes angrily at the insensitivity of my mother. How could she just leave me here alone? She knew I didn't have any friends in the upper east side....Well, except for Denise...And I hated that bitch....And, I would have to stay here for God knows how long with that douche, James.

For some reason, that last thing made me a bit optimistic. All the more time to pull off a good prank....At least.

______________________________________________________________

After I had watched the last episode of Basketball Wives, I knew I had to call Denise. It wasn't that I hated her, or that she was an ultimate bitch, it's just that out personalities didn't mix after her dad hit it rich. She was snooty now, and we were like oil and water, we just didn't mix.

I pulled out my phone and begrudgingly picked the name "Biatch" in my phonebook. I waited for the ringing to stop and heard an answer. "Hello?"

"Hey Denise," I paused. "It's me, Mirage."

"Oh my GOD! MiRAGE, how ARE you?" She asked into the phone a little too loudly.

"I'm fine, thanks, Denise....You?" I asked, half wanting to kill myself from annoyance.

"I've been great, just great thank-you. Oh my Gawd, it feels like forever since we talked!" she squealed.

"It sure has," I said sarcastically. "So...I just um..moved to Manhattan and I don't really know the place so I was wondering if you cou-" I began.

"Say no more," she said excitedly. "Well do say more...Hehe...Where do you live now?"

"Umm, just a sec..." I said. I wanted to call James, but I was pretty sure my mom had mentioned the place before. "Ummm....1...200 f-fifth avenue, I think...Or something like that."

"...Your kidding, right? You live there? Oh my Gawd, what bank did you marry?" She nearly shouted.

I nearly choked on my sandwich. "Girl, I'm eighteen! Who would I marry?...No, eww...He's my mom's boyfriend, James," I said quickly.

"Hmm, okay," she said with a laugh.

I laughed. "What do you mean 'okay'?" I asked, playing with the turkey in my sandwich.

"What you think I mean, hmm? You know you all over his rich ass," she said with a laugh.

This was the old Denise, someone you could literally make you laugh your ass off. "Oh whatever, he's like 30 years old..." There was silence. "Okay, like 25, damn," I said with a laugh.

"That's what I thought. Okay, I'ma pick you up in front of the condo and hit up some of my favorite spots," she said. "Get ready and I'll pick you up at eleven."

"Okay, cool...And thanks Dee, sorry we haven't talked in so long," I said, with a pang of guilt.

"Mhmm, now you wanna talk to me," she joked. "Naw, I'm just playin' so go get ready, and bring your credit card, too."

She hung up before I could say I didn't have one.

_________________________________________________________-

Sorry, guys, I know it's short, but the Celtics game is on, and I'm going for the green :)

So hopefully I'll update soon :D

KIRA