Chapter 17

Previously on Chapter 16

Newt finished creating the bed with a little help from me. He plop into the 'bed' and spread his arms out at me. I lay down next to him and he wraps his arms around me securely. "I love you, Y/N. Thank you for giving me a second chance" "I love you too, Newt" I smile. I snuggle closer to Newt's chest and close my eyes getting ready to sleep. I feel Newt place a gentle kiss on my forehead and whisper "goodnight, Love. Have a sweet dreams" "goodnight, Newt..." I trail off falling into a deep slumber still a bit exhausted from the battle. With a soft smile on my face.

-Escape Plan-

Y/N P.O.V

Thomas and Minho told me about what they found. What they believe is where the Grievers came from. They believe it's our way out. So here we are sitting in circle planning our escape plan. "So are we gonna do this?" I ask them. "We will, but some of them are scared" Newt said gesturing at them. I turn to look at everyone to see them looking down. "Is it true? Are you afraid?" They nod. I stood up still facing them. "Raise your hand for those who's afraid" I demand. Majority of them raised their hand.

"Guys...." They still look down. "Guys.... Look at me.." I start gently. One by one start to lift their head to look at me, all except one..... Chuck. I walk towards him and place my hands on his shoulders "Chuck.... Look at me" I say softly. He look up and stare into my eyes. I pat his head gently with a soft smile. I stood back up and walk to the center "you don't have to worry.... you have me! I can protect you. I will protect you" I say to them. "We will get out of this place, I'll make sure of it. I just need you guys to be brave" I say to them. They still look unsure. I sigh "I'm not gonna force you guys. For those who wanted to come please step forward" one by one started to step forward, including Chuck. I smile at them. "Gally? You're not coming?" I say as I notice Gally still stood his ground. "No, Y/N. We are not meant to leave" "we can leave, Gal..." "I'm not coming" I sigh. He's shucking stubborn.

I told them to wait. I went to grab some pole. As strong as I can be, I can't battle on my own. I walk back to the others once I have what I need. I hand them one each. "Now... I want you guys to at least defend yourself. Until I come to your aid. As strong as I can be.... I'm still a single person. I can't battle on my own" they nod understanding. I turn to Gally "you sure you don't wanna come?" I ask him. "Yeah.... Y/N.... I'm sure." I sigh and turn to the others. "Alright.... Let's go!" I was about to walk away when a hand grab my wrist. I turn to see Teresa "what is it, Teresa?" I ask with no emotion. She gulp avoiding my gaze "I would like to say sorry... Y/N. I've caused you pain. And worse I actually felt good about it. It was wrong. Now I regret it. Please.... Forgive me" she looks sincere. I sigh "yeah I forgive you." "Really?! You won't hold grudges against me or seek for revenge?" "No..." "Why? I hurt you" "what's the point of revenge? Nothing at all. It's just a stupid cycle that will go on and on once it was created. If I hurt you those who care for you will come after me. Same to you. If you hurt me *I gesture to everyone* they will go after you. It will go on and more people will suffer. Revenge.... brings nothing but pain. To you *pointing at Teresa*.... To me *pointing at myself*.... To everyone *pointing to everyone*" I say the last part softly. "You're really a nice person, Y/N... It made me feel even more bad for hurting you" I hug her. "It's okay.... Just don't do it again" "I won't... I promise" she hug me back tightly until I couldn't breathe "too.... Tight" I say breathless. "Oh... Sorry" she release me and a suck a deep breath.

"Alright! Let's go" we start running inside the maze. Thomas and Minho lead the way since they new the place. Even though I've been hiding inside the maze for weeks. I only remain in one place, so I don't know which way to go. There's a turn in front of us. We stopped the catch our breath. "Is this it?" I ask Thomas receiving a nod. I peek through the wall to see a bunch of Grievers. "Shuck..." I curse under my breath. I turn towards the other "okay guys... Be ready for a battle. We go now or we die trying!" They yell out a 'yeah!' Thomas hand Chuck the key. I place a hand on Chuck's shoulder "Chuck.... Stay close to me" he nods. "Alright! Let's go" I yelled. We advance forward letting out a battle scream. The Griever instantly charge at us. I start using air bending to push them away. I grab my archery and shot them. I turn to Chuck, he's chasing the key he accidentally let go. He reach the cliff "Chuck!" I yelled. I run towards him. I hold onto his leg pulling him up. Thomas come to help I notice a Griever crawling on the wall. I took my arrow and shoot it, letting it burst into flames. "Thomas! Teresa! Go, Now?!" I scream at the two as I start to battle more Griever. Some of us get caught by the Griever. The door finally open and the ceiling of the maze start moving down I quickly went through the door and the remaining Griever got squeezed to dead. I collapse to the floor breathing heavily. Newt pulled me up hugging me tightly "we made it, Y/N!" I hug him back. "But some of us didn't" I say as tears flowing down my eyes "I failed.... I promised to protect them" he rub circle on my back "shhh.... You tried your best Y/N. Just like you said as strong as you can be, you're only one person you can't expect to protect us all at once" he say gently. I nod. Once I'm calm I pulled away.

*to be continued*

A/N: I'm gonna make a different chapter. It's too Long if I write it here. I hope you guys enjoy it. Wait for the next part. Bye!!!