Kakashi Hatake

"Hmm..." Naruto frowned as he leaned out through the open doorway of their classroom, looking for any signs of life.

"Naruto, stay still!!" Sakura scolded him. His fidgeting was starting to get on her nerves.

"But, why is the sensei of our Team 7... so damn late!!?" he asked impatiently. "All the other teams have gone off with their teachers. And Iruka-sensei also left..."

"How am I supposed to know?" Sakura said, crossing her arms.

"I wonder if he got assigned to a last minute mission, and they forgot to tell Iruka-sensei?" April mused aloud. "Or maybe..."

"Maybe?" Naruto asked.

"Maybe this is some sort of psychological test," she said with a serious gleam in her eye.

"Huh?" Sakura said as she and Naruto gave her almost identical looks of confusion and doubt.

"Just hear me out. One of my uncle's acquaintances was a professor of psychology, and something he used to do on the first day of class was to purposefully wait to see what the students would do if he didn't show up on time. That way, he would know right away who was serious and who wasn't by who was still left when he came in. And shinobi are supposed to endure, right? Maybe our sensei wants to see how well we endure being kept waiting," April explained.

"Aren't you just overthinking it?" Sakura said skeptically.

"No, that would make sense," Sasuke said thoughtfully. April was smarter than she looked. "He could be doing this on purpose."

"Sasuke-kun, you're so smart!" Sakura gushed.

'But it was my idea...' April thought, a little annoyed. "Ah, hey, Naruto... what are you doing?" she asked when she noticed that he was doing something he probably shouldn't.

"Hehehe!" Naruto laughed with a mischievous grin on his face as he rigged the door so that a dirty chalkboard eraser would fall on the next person who tried to enter. "That's what you get for being late!" he said, hopping off of the stool he had pulled over to give himself a boost.

"Hey, were you even listening just now?" April asked him, sweat-dropping. She said this could be some kind of test, and that was his reaction?

"Geez, it's your own fault if you get in trouble," Sakura told him, putting her hands on her hips. 'I actually like these types of things!!' Inner Sakura said excitedly.

"Hmph. A jōnin isn't going to fall for such a simple booby trap," Sasuke said coolly.

"I'm gonna have to agree with Sasuke on this one," April said frankly. There's no way someone qualified enough to take on A-rank missions was going to fall for that. Just as she finished speaking, a gloved hand reached in to slide the door open. The hand paused for a fraction of a second before opening it the rest of the way as the same silver-haired ninja, who was wearing a cloth mask covering the lower half of his face, that she had seen with the Hokage that morning poked his head in through the opening.

PLOP.

"!" he said, sweat-dropping when the eraser hit him square on the head, powdering his hair with a pouf of white chalk dust.

'No way...' April thought as she stared at him, stunned. Did he just...?

"Gyahahaha!!!" Naruto laughed loudly. Success!! "You fell for it!!!"

"I'm so sorry, Sensei," Sakura said, acting timid, "I tried to stop him, but Naruto-kun..." 'Okay!!' Inner Sakura cheered, giving two thumbs up. It was even better than she had imagined!