a trip in to the past

this chapter has a lot of violence  and abuse involved in it. please dont read it if it will trigger anything or upset you.
Thank you

poppys pov
"right guys, I need you all to promise me you won't interrupt me okay"

I heard a chorus of okays amd yeses coming from the 1D boys Cody, Ellie and Vicky.

"okay well here goes"

flash back
"dad?"
"yer poppy?"
"what are these"
"nothing"
"well they look like adoption forms to me and they have my name on them well they have Poppy Lynch on them"
"okay Poppy, we adopted you because your real parents were killed because they had you and well you had the horse riding genes and everyone knew you could go far. so someone killed your parents thinking they could have you but well we got you instead"
"WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME? ARE ANY OF THE PEOPLE YOU SAID WERE MY COUSINS LIKE ROSS ARE THEY REALLY MY COUSINS OR ARE YOU JIST LYING TO ME?"
flash back over
" that was the first time he hit me, he didnt like being accused of stuff but after he hit me he told me that Ross was my only real cousin and that if I didnt keep my mouth shut in the future he would break something so I couldn't move"

flash back
I was only getting a drink but I made the mistake of getting the coke out of the fridge before I got my glass out of the cupboard. 
"Poppy what are you doing you are letting my coke get warm"
"sorry dad I was just getting a glass"
flash back over

"that was the second time he hit me but he kept his promise and broke my wrist, he told my foster mum that I had fell of the horse and broke it, so that's what I told everyone else the same thing.  Infact every time I broke a bone it was him well up until me coming off the horse over the gate. The reason why he through me out on top of me refusing to give up riding, was that his bosses son liked me and well he wanted me to go out with him and let the boy have his way with me, just so he could get a promotion and when I told him I wouldn't do it because I loved someone else, he hit me until I told him who it was and because it was young Harold here he lost it and told me I had to go. Then well you all know Harry and Cody helped me out quite a bit through the hard times. What got me the most was after One Direction kicked off and Harry moved to London I met Joey and we just clicked.After about 5 weeks of us just being friends he asked me out and I said yes, but if I'd known what he would of turned out like I wouldn't even have been friends with him"

by now I was in tears and Ross had hold if me, everyone around me seemed to be crying or close to it. I took a deep breath and continued.

"it started off as a perfect relationship, he came to all of my competitions and cheered me on and I did the same for him. Everyone thought we were the best couple in Holmes Chapel and well we were for the first couple of months, and then it all changed. As I got more jobs teaching here and there and well I actually tried out for the x factor the year after you guys did and I got through to boot camp. Simon Cowell said he could tell I had worked with Harry in the past as apparently we both handled what songs were thrown our way the same and I used similar techniques to him. He said another big give away was our song judgemental place, he said he heard Harry singing it and he'd asked you who's song it was and well apparently Harry you told him it was an original but you had a bit of help. But no matter how far I was going to get Joey would hit me for every note I didn't quite hit or every dance move I didn't get straight away. He even put me in hospital and thats what ended my x factor days because I couldn't be there so I couldn't sing. Simon rang me and told me that I shouldn't quit and that he was sorry I couldn't carry on but I just told him that I couldn't continue. you would have thought that Joey would stop there but no, he turned to beating me if I didn't get full marks on a dressage test and he would tear me down with words as well.i would get a beating if I didn't come first in the event or if I was a couple of seconds over the time on cross country. I thought that would be the lowest he would go but boy was I wrong.  The first time I had took Cocoa to a competition she nocked a pole down in the show jumping and Joey was all up for beating the spirit out of Cocoa, but me being who I am came to the conclusion that if I had took her in to the jump straighter or if I'd pushed her on we would have gone clear, because all good riders realise that when things go wrong it's never the horses fault it's always the riders.  But well Joey didn't take it to well that I had just nocked a pole down, so when we got back to the yard with the horses he came back with a knife and told me to stay still and do what he said or the horses and me would be stabbed. So of course I did what he told me to which was role my shirt sleave up.......... and he um and he slit my arm and told me from then on every pole I knocked down he would add another cut. He kept to his word and for every pole there was another cut and for every lost competition there was another beating. well up until that one event that I will never forget as I had just come out of the ring and well apparently my performance wasn't good enough, so when we got back to the wagon I was dragged, straight into the living part of the wagon and was hit, but the best part was that Ross was coming to watch me and was making his way over to the wagon as he was hitting me and well Ross saved me from him. He got him to leave and he never came back but by then all the things he told me, played in my head over and over. until eventually I started agreeing with them. I then started to cut and for every word I cut and well there were loads, like worthless, useless, pathetic, fat, ugly oh and his absolute favourite unloved. there was loads more so that meant more cuts. I almost shut down really it took everything I had not to end my life there and then. I had tried but Ross found me whilst I was lying on the floor, unconscious in a pool of my own blood. he called an ambulance and in the end I was fine. I was enrolled in to rehab for 3 weeks and when I got out Ross told me that he had bought the club in London and he had bought a house with stables and loads of land for me and him to move in to because apparently I was no longer trusted to be left alone. No one had to worry about me trying to kill myself again though because once you've been in rehab you don't want to go back and well if there was one thing I had learnt was what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger. I was more determined than ever to get my riding carrer back on track and not to mention getting my best friend back. weeks went on and I only got stronger, everything just fell back in to place. I started writing songs again and well started singing again. I got the guy I had loved since the day I had met him and he was also my best friend so I got two things for the price of one. I also gained a few more friends, so what more can a girl ask for hey? so thats basically my story"

the next voice I recognised as my boyfriend Hazza " why didnt you tell me what you were going through, you know I would have killed Joey if I would have known"

"and that's exactly why I didn't tell you"

"okay but I really am sorry you had to go through all of that" what broke my heart the most was the way Harry sounded so torn.

"look guys im fine now okay ive got you all and im the happiest ive been for a while and with you guys as my friends I can get through anything ok, now all of you stop looking so sad and stop crying you'll make me cry too"

●●●●●●●◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆●●●

im sorry for the wait guys I have been working so haven't quite had the time to update. but there you go you now know what happened to Poppy in her past and why she hates Joey. Thank you for reading it means a lot when I know that im not just writing this for nothing.  keep commenting amd voting to let me know what you think

Lizzy xx