Chapter-21

Chapter Twenty One

Omega's POV

I charged, the demigods formed a straight line, a phalanx, whilst the army, Skye, and I charged straight into battle. It was a blur to say the least, Monster dust was being scattered around everywhere, monsters flying, Cyclops' groaning, Hellhounds dying, everything. I plunged my blade killing a nearby Cyclops. I saw a fast beam of blue strike the spot behind me effectively killing and freezing three monsters behind me. I saw Mrs O Leary appear behind a monster from a different planet and rip them to shreds, the sorrounding monsters would look behind only to find the body of their fallen comrade.

The tank sized hellhound would shadow travel in, peck of one of the monsters, and shadow travel out. It was a pretty effective move, even for her standards. We were but a blur of colors, everything turning into dust at out wake, not even a single monster has reached the demigods yet, the campers were anticipating hordes upon hordes of monsters to flood in, yet, we would cut the monsters to shreds before they even reached the phalanx.

I saw the leader of the attack, Kronos. What the hell, I thought I already killed the Son of a Bitch. I walked to Kronos with a skip in my step, not really enjoying wasting my precious time. I could've spent the minutes sleeping. The reason why Kronos was already up and running was probably because of Destruction, since Tartarus was weaker than Destruction, he probably slipped past my uncle and revived the bastard.

"Kronos, I have come to bargain" I said referencing a marvel movie

"You do it the easy way, you retreat your forces and we will lock you up, or do it the hard way, in which case, we slaughter all your forces in their wake" I said, Kronos laughed

"I would like to see you try puny demigod" Kronos said, he eternally sealed his fate.

"Oh, but I'm not a puny demigod, I'm stronger than you" I said, I dashed towards Kronos with agility and made a large gash on his thigh, the Titan screamed in pain clutching his wound in agony. Chaos Metal was far more powerful than any other holy metals such as Celestial Bronze, or Imperial Gold, even Stygian Iron, even the slightest cut would equal to a day's worth of pain, even better than Kronos' scythe.

"How?" Kronos said wincing

"Never underestimate me, that is your flaw" I said plunging the blade deep into his heart, he breathed his last until he turned into golden dust. I hope the Chaos Metal would instantly put him to the realm of the faded. I looked at the ongoing battle and saw a few monsters getting past our ranks and running to Camp Half Blood only to be stopped by their Phalanx formation. There was still a whole load of monsters, the army was but a blur of death cutting everything in their paths.

I bumped into someone randomly, I turned around seeing the Daughter of Order herself

"Enjoying the battle?" I said with a smirk stabbing the monster behind her

"Absolutely" She said and plunged her blade onto the nearby hellhound. My smirk dropped, there it was again, he wouldn't do this for the third time this day. The army continued to cut everything in their wake, but Skye and I stood at our very tracks. I felt a cold feeling sink deep into me, there was no mistaking it. A figure appeared behind the Daughter of Order. She turned around clutching her sword tightly. I clutched Wavestorm gripping it as if it was the only thing keeping me from death.

"Have you enjoyed the other side" Destruction said, he had only black eyes that seemed to have constant death and destruction happening all at once, he wear a black robe and a hood that seemed to cover his mouth and nose, his eyes was still visibly seen. It was as if you were in a camping trip and saw white eyes looking at you from an ready bush.

"Do you remember your sisters?" Destruction said, Skye had wide eyes looking at Destruction with hate and resentment.

"I have them captured, and pretty soon, your beloved sisters will be killed" Destruction said, I knew of his plan, I just didn't know what sisters he meant.

"Skye, don't do it, he's messing with your head" I said, readying my sword. The daughter of order had wide eyes underneath her hood, I could feel it.

"They will be executed, how does it feel, how does it feel to know that the death of your sisters is because of you" Destruction said, Skye was at a loss for words, she dropped her sword, the weapon clattering on the ground, it was working.

"Skye, pick up your sword and back away slowly, he's bluffing" I tried reasoning, but there was no reply, she was rooted to the spot fear dripping inside here. This was the first time I actually saw her scared, the first time I saw her afraid, those sisters must really mean something to her if it caused this, trauma. I could feel Destruction's words oozing with lies, Skye was too shocked to sense this.

Destruction smirked, he grabbed his sword and made a clean ark towards her head. It was as if time slowed down the weapon traveling at a snails pace, I widened my eyes and ran towards her, I ran at her and tackled her to the ground placing my body in front of her to block the blow, a whoosh and a slice was heard, I felt something snap, I felt something detach, as if it was cut off. Time was back to normal as I landed with a thud.

The daughter of order looked at me in shock, I wasn't dead. No, I didn't feel like I died, but I felt dead on the inside. I felt the bare, the fresh air hit the back of my neck. No, this was far worse than dying, Destruction widened his eyes in anger as black smoke sorrounded him, in an instant he was gone. The monsters were nothing but dust, the campers and army sorrounded us in shock, the campers were looking at me with wide eyes. No it can't be, for the first time, in ten thousand years, I felt weak.

This was worse than dying, their shocked faces proved it, I wasn't ready for this, but it happened so fast. My mouth was agape, my hood was ripped clean off, thanks to the extra durability of the hood, I wasn't hurt, but at this moment, I just wished my head was cut clean off, because at this moment, the campers knew, that I was Percy Jackson, the betrayed Hero of Olympus.

Word count

1120

Words