Chapter 28 - Friend

Stella Veros

I opened my eyes slowly and felt my head hurting so much. I got up from my bed and looked around. My eyes widen.. this is not my house. It's Axel's penthouse. I turned to the side to see Axel was sleeping beside me. My heart crunched.

My hand reached him unconsiously and when it almost touch him, I stopped. I pushed the blanket off and planned to get up but suddenly Axel caught my wrist.

"Where are you going?" He asked and my heart hurted so much now. I felt so happy and hurt at the same time hearing his voice.

"I have to go home" I said and he let his grip go.

"Thankyou.." I said without looking at him, I don't want to see him because I will break down again. I got up and stood up next to the bed. I walked towards the door.

"I swallowed my pride to take you here" He said and I gulped. I held the door knob.

"I hate the fact that you end this" He added.

"You'll thank me later on" I said

"Thankyou for what? Hurting me? Leaving me?" He asked

"Why do you lie to me?" He added

"I never lie to you" I said

"You were accepted into Medical School" My eyes widen and my breath got hitch

"You know I was the one who offer you the deal not you. This is your chance" He said

"I gotta go" I said and walked out from room. I ran to the door quickly and put on my heels. I walked out from the door not caring about my phone or bag anymore. I went down to the lobby and took a cab.

I went back to my house and ran back to my room. I cried my heart out. Gosh.. I miss him so much. My heart was hurting. I want to hug him. I want to kiss him. I want him. I want him so bad but I can't do anything about it.

I like the idea marrying him and get into medical school. I like that idea so much but does he? He will be trapped with me for years, he won't have freedom and he's still in love with Trissa.

This situation will hurt me and hurt him.

I cried so bad and my headache came again. I cursed under my breath for it and decided to go to sleep again. I don't want to care about anything. I don't want to think how did he know that I was accepted.

I decided just to sleep.. 

After a long nap, I felt my body was sweating so bad due to my fever. I felt cold but I'm sweating. I got up from my bed and found my bag and phone beside me. There's a white letter on it and I took it.

I opened the envelope and took out the letter. My breath got hitch.

Get well soon
-Axel

I saw a plastic with a medicine in it. I sighed and can't help but look at it blankly.

I want to get back with him so bad. I want him so bad but who am I wanting that? I'm nothing for him. I'm jealous with Trissa. She's so lucky.

I checked my phone for notifications and found a message from the Medical School. I cursed under my breath. No wonder he found out about it. I walked down to the kitchen to make something for myself.

What can I make? I can't even cook. I laughed at myself for being stupid.

Suddenly my phone rang.. I took my phone beside me and my eyes widen seeing the caller ID. Why is Axel calling me? Why?

I looked at it blankly and completely don't know what to do. What am I going to do? What am I suppose to do now?

I pressed the red button and then decided to block his number. I turned off my phone and put it in the table. I took my iPad and went down to the kitchen. There's a cereal.. I'll just eat cereal for dinner. Perks of being sick.. not caring what I'm eating as long as I'm full.

I felt my fever still there and it's not getting better. I sat on the sofa and closed my eyes. I felt so sick and I hate moving around.

I walked up to my room again and turned on my phone. I decided to call my other bestfriend. Since Nat's busy these day so I can't disturb her.

"Where are you?" I asked

"Training" He said

"Play with me"

"What's with your voice?"

"I'm sick and I'm bored. Play with me! Oh come on.. you never visit me after you got back from Sydney!" I hissed coldly at him and he chuckled

"Okay fine.. How about your boyfriend?"

"I don't have a boyfriend"

"You broke up with him already?" He asked disbelief

"Just come here you idiot!" I ended the call

That was Dean, he's my childhood friend. Our parents are bestfriends. He's a famous MMA fighter. Yes.. a famous MMA fighter. He went to Sydney to train with his uncle, so he left New York and just got back here around last week. He's busy and I'm busy so we rarely communicate.

Where is he? What took him so long? I closed my eyes starting to get sleep when suddenly someone called me. I picked it up.

"You said you already broke up but why is he here?" Dean said and I raised my eyebrows

"Who?"

"Cesborn" Oh shoot! I jumped out from my bed and ran downstairs. Gosh.. my head's spinning. I ran out from my house and found Axel looking at Dean with his killing eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Axel and walked to Dean's side

"Who is he?" Axel asked coldly

"My bestfriend"

"Bestfriend?!" Axel turned to me

"Don't look at her like that!" Dean bursted

"Get in first.." I pushed Dean towards my house and Axel looked at me disbelief.

"But.."

"Get inside first" I turned to Dean and he nodded. He walked into the house

"Why are you here again?"

"You blocked my number" He stated in a cold tone

"Axel.. we're done. You can go back to Trissa" I said and he looked at me disbelief

"Trissa?"

"Look.. I'm sick. Let's just talk some other time" I said

"You invited a guy in!" He bursted

"He's my bestfriend, Axel!"

"Then who am I to you?" He asked

"A friend"