Part 26: Zeo and Toby

A/N

One of my OC's from my other books is in this chapter so don't be confused when he shows up.

~five days later~

[Name]'s POV

I sit between Masamune and Tsubasa on the plane to the United States, resting my ankle on the seat in front of me. Everyone is asleep but my childhood hood friend and me as we lounge back. "[Name], we get to see Toby again," Masamune says while turning to look at me as the plane starts to descend out of the sky.

"I wonder how he's doing. I haven't heard from him or Zeo since we went to Japan," I sigh while resting my head back against my seat.

"I don't know, but we'll find out soon enough." Masamune looks out the window and I cross my arms and lose myself in thought.

'Back home, can't believe it. I'll have to go to my parents graves' a sad look crosses my face as the plane finally touches down.

I wake up Tsubasa and Yu while Masamune wakes up Kenta, Madoka, and Gingka. Tsubasa removes the sleep mask from around his eyes and tiredly looks at me. "We landed?" he asks, his voice a few octaves deeper from sleep.

"Yeah," I respond with a faint smile, and he stands up and stretches.

We all get off the plane and walk through the airport to the entrance of the building. Gingka and the rest run ahead of me in excitement to look at the city while I saunter behind them. "It's only New York why are they so hyped?" I hum, and my childhood friend chuckles from beside me.

"They've never been to the U.S. before, so it's probably really exciting for them," he tells me.

"Yeah, I guess, I was excited the first time I went to Japan. Plus, I remember telling them that they should visit the U.S.," I say, and we catch up to them.

"Well, welcome to New York, guys. This is where I tend to call home." I hold my right arm out since my left is still in a lot of pain.

"So, we have to watch the battle between the EU team and the American team for sure so we know what we're up against." Gingka smirks and I nod with a small chuckle.

"GUYS! LOOK IT'S [NAME]!" several people scream and all of a sudden I'm being surrounded by cameras.

"Dammit, I thought I got away from this," I mutter and look for an escape route.

Someone grabs my right arm and drags me out of the crowd and into one of the coffee shops. "So, you came back." I look up to meet the gold eyes of Ethan Heir.

"Ethan! It's been a while," I chuckle and hug him with one arm, and he looks at my bandaged one while giving me a careful hug.

"I was watching your battle on TV when the eldest Garcia brother admitted to causing that. How are you holding up?" he asks, and once the coast is clear outside we walk back out onto the streets.

"I mean it hurts, but I'm hanging in there. I plan on battling in the finals, so I'm hoping this doesn't hurt as much by then." I smile at the blue-haired male.

He chuckles and I spot my team and Kenta ahead. "Is that Masamune?" Ethan asks in surprise, and I nod my head.

"Hey, you guys, over here!" I shout, and they turn and run over to us.

"There you are, [Name], you had us worr-... who's this?" Gingka looks at the tall man next to me.

"Ethan!" Masamune exclaims and they bro-hug.

"Hey, Masamune," Ethan chuckles before pulling away from him.

"Ethan?" Yu asks in confusion, and the blue-haired man smirks down at the blond.