Chapter 138

Harry's P.O.V

Our appeal to the court to speed up the adoption procedure worked. The downside, we were allowed to take Patrick with us a day after tour started. So, Tahira stayed back for a day, keeping Ameera with her and joined us with Patrick on Day Two of the tour.

I had sent my private jet back for them after we had reached our destination for the first concert and instructed the pilot to bring them to the next city we had to go to while all of us had to travel commercial because of it.

We didn't mind though. Even when Tahira had said she can use the commercial plane to join us in the next city, I didn't want Patrick to be overwhelmed if the fans caught her and them on the plane. And given this reason, Tahira didn't refuse to use the jet.

I went to collect them at the airport, and smiled when I saw them exit the airport gate. Tahira was leading them. One hand was dragging, what I guessed was the stuff Patrick owned and the new clothes we had bought for him in a suitcase (hers and Ameera's I had taken with me) while her other hand was holding Patrick's.

My smile widened even more when I saw Patrick's other hand was holding Ameera's, and he was even making sure she was walking with them, not getting lost.

But Ameera broke free of Patrick's hold when she saw me standing there and ran towards me. I chuckled and kneeled down, opening my arms and Ameera ran into my chest with a giggle. I placed a kiss on her head just as Patrick and Tahira reached us. I smiled and held out an arm for Patrick.

"Want to give your new dad a hug?" I asked and hesitantly, Patrick walked into it. I hugged him close too, rubbing my hand on his arm. With greeting the children taken care of, I stood up and cupped Tahira's cheek, placing a kiss to her forehead.

"Hey, darling." I whispered against her forehead and she smiled.

"Hi, Harry." She said and I smiled down at the kids but then frowned.

"Where is your teddy, Patrick?" I asked and he looked at Tahira.

"It's in my bag. He dropped it when he fell asleep on the plane. I took it so that he didn't lose it." Tahira said and I nodded looking down at him.

"You ready for an adventure?" I asked with a smile and he nodded hesitantly.

"Lads! They're here!" I called out when we entered the stadium. The boys were doing the soundcheck on the stage. Their heads snapped towards us when I called out to them and grins came on their faces. They jumped off the stage as carefully as they could and ran towards us. Well, Louis was probably scaring Patrick because of the crazy expression he had on his face but then he exclaimed

"Munchkin! And..." He trailed off, slowly coming to a stop in front of us. His index finger was tapping his cheek as he looked down at Patrick. "I'll have to think of something to call you. Tell me, who is your favourite superhero?" Louis asked Patrick softly as he kneeled down in front of him and Patrick looked a him wearily. I squeezed his hand lightly.

"It's okay, Patrick. He's your uncle Louis. Crazy, but he's the one whom you'll have fun with mostly." I said and Louis shook his head in exasperation.

"Really, Harold. Crazy? I prefer spontaneous." He said and I chuckled. Niall and Liam also kneeled and Patrick stepped closer to me.

"Hi! I'm your uncle Liam and this is Niall. You, Patrick, have no idea how excited we've been to meet you ever since Harry told us about you." Liam said with a soft smile and Niall gave him a look.

"I could have introduced myself, Liam." Niall said and Patrick looked at him curiously.

"You... You sound funny, uncle Niall." Patrick said quietly and immediately hid behind my leg while the three laughed.

"I'm Irish, Patrick. Unlike these people here." He said and Tahira protested.

"Hey!" She said and we laughed again. "Oh yeah. Sorry. Except for Tahira and me, everyone here is British." Niall said correcting his previous statement and Patrick cracked a small smile.

"Batman, uncle Louis." He said and Louis' eyes widened while Liam cheered.

"He's my batman!" Liam said and ruffled Patrick's hair while Patrick stood there a little stunned. Tahira chuckled.

"I'll show Patrick around. You guys continue your soundcheck." She said and took Patrick's hand in hers as Ameera was in Tahira's arms. To my confusion, she handed her phone to me before she left. "Gallery. First picture." She said with a smile and then took both of them away.

I was about to open her phone but then saw all the boys leaning in too "Hey." I said and they raised their hands up in surrender, moving away. I turned her phone on and smiled at the home screen picture.

She hadn't changed it in so long.

It was the picture we had clicked when we both had whiskers drawn on our faces, pouting slightly. I chuckled remembering that day and then clicked on the galley icon.

"Oh my gosh." I said, a awe in my tone present and the boys crowded me again, knowing it was safe to look and even they let out an awe.

In the picture, both Patrick and Ameera were sleeping on one of the seats in the jet together. They had blankets covering them up till their shoulders. Ameera was leaning against Patrick's arm as she slept, still too short to reach his shoulder and Patrick's head was bent to the side as if leaning his head on Ameera's.

"Why do we miss all these cute moments?" Louis asked and I frowned slightly

"Because we're doing what we loved since we were kids." I replied and closed Tahira's phone. I let out a sigh.

"Let's get that soundcheck over with."

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)