Chapter 1 - The Start

Erens POV
Beep! Beep! Beep!

Well I guess today's the day, never would have thought I'd have changed this much since the beginning of freshman year. My names eren jaeger I go to shiganshina high and I'm known as the weirdo that hangs around with armin. Armin is my best friend we've been pals since pre school. He's a giant book worm and is extremely intelligent when it comes to school, but outside of that he's kinda a lost cause. Me and Armin have been sticking to ourselves since freshman year. Everyone's changed and not for the best, a lot of friends I've grown up with since middle school all have grown apart and found their own groups. I wonder how that'll differ this year since we're juniors and almost out of high school.

"Oh well" i groaned smashing my fist into the alarm clock that was continuously beeping. I got up went into the bathroom to brushed my teeth, I looked in the mirror to realize my hair is looking quite awful, splashed some water in my hands and patted it down. Then walked into my room to find some clothes to wear. I wasn't a flashy type of person, i grabbed a white t-shirt and a zip up jacket rolled up the sleeves to about half my forearm and slide on some light colored skinny jeans, not the ones that are super tight ( I need some air, right?) they fit nice and then I put on my black old fashioned high top vans. I walked down stairs to find my mom cooking breakfast.

"Hello my handsome young man, I'm cooking some eggs and bacon care to have some?" My mother asked as I went to sit down in the dining room.

"Yeah sure, not to much though I'm not all that hungry" I told her and pulled out my phone to see what time it was. It was 7:50, oh hell I'm about to miss the bus. I jolted out of my chair to which my mother was surprised dropping her spatula shouting " Eren, what's gotten into you!?" I ran to grab my book bag and opened the door while shouting back "sorry mom I'm about to miss the bus, I'll eat something at school. Love you bye" I jolted out of the house and to the stop sign where my bus usually is, it was there and about to take off until the driver saw me sprinting to it. He opened the door and I walked in, " thank you sir I almost missed it" I exclaimed walking to my seat. "Yeah next time come a little earlier would ya?" The driver told me closing the doors and driving off to the next stop. I walked over to my seat, while I was walking I heard a smart remark from a guy sitting in the back of the bus. " jaeger are you ever gonna be prepared for anything?" He questioned. I looked back to see that it was Jean the schools top football quarterback. He wore his jersey everywhere I swear, it must have reeked of sweat and musk. I fired back a smart remark "What's it to you horse face, I don't exactly have the luxury of being filthy rich. By the way don't you have a car? What are you doing riding the bus? Your parents took it away from you didn't they? You spoiled brat."

"What was that jaeger? I'll come over there and kick your ass if you keep talking shit you hear?" He shouted causing the rest of the kids on the bus to watch and see what'll happen next. Sadly to their surprise the bus driver turned around and shouted " quit your hollering and sit in your seats" I did as he said and sat in my seat alone. I pulled out my head phones from my book bag and plugged them into my phone listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers. I could feel the glare of a certain horse faced brat beaming down my neck I ignored it and continued looking at the sky from the window. The clouds were so nice, I drifted into deep thoughts about how this day matter of fact year will turn out for me. I came back to one the bus came to a full stop and all the kids walked out into the front of the school. I grabbed my things and walked off the bus to see the entrance of the school. Now let's see what's in store for me today, I thought while walking through the front doors with a smirk on my face.