Exciting news, Wattpadders! We've teamed up with the upcoming film The Glass Castle to bring you an inspiring new challenge, and we want you to share your Literary Journey with us!
Chronicling the adventures of an eccentric and resilient family, The Glass Castle is a remarkable true story of unconditional love. In the film, Oscar winner Brie Larson brings Jeannette Walls's New York Times best-selling memoir to life as a young woman who, influenced by the joyfully wild nature of her deeply dysfunctional father (Woody Harrelson), found the fiery determination to overcome a uniquely difficult childhood and carve out a successful life on her own terms.
"I hope that seeing my story makes people think about what they've been through," she says. "I think there's incredible value in coming to terms with your story, and I hope that the telling of my story will encourage other people to revisit their own."
- Jeannette Walls
In the comments below, share your story about your literary journey to becoming a writer.
Be sure to tag your comment with #TheGlassCastleMovie for it to be entered to win!
One comment chosen at random will win the following:
- Signed THE GLASS CASTLE book
- Private writing lesson with bestselling author Jeannette Walls – a 1-hour, one-on-one video chat
- See your winning entry shared from Jeannette Walls' Facebook page, as well as the book & film's!
- THE GLASS CASTLE movie posters (teaser & one sheet)
- 'Best of Lionsgate Drama' blu-ray film pack
- $500 AMEX cash card!
Consider the thought starters below for your entries:
- How did you get to where you are today?
- What challenges have you faced along the way?
- How have stories like The Glass Castle inspired you to be your best self, despite the odds being against you?
Submit your comment by August 6th at 11:59pm PST.
1. Your comment must be in English
2. Entrants must be legal residents of the United States and 13 years of age or older at the time of entry
4. You can comment as many times as you want, as long as your comments meet our guidelines
5. Your comment must be tagged #TheGlassCastleMovie
* Don't forget! You must sign in to Wattpad to comment
YOU ARE READING
The Glass Castle SweepstakesShort Story
*CLOSED* Tell us about your literary journey to becoming a writer for your chance to win a Glass Castle prize pack, including a private writing lesson with The Glass Castle author Jeannette Walls!