28-"18 months"

*a few days later*

"Jade, Ethan, we need to talk to you" my father says, as he walks into the living room to the two of us.

Both of us sit up, spectacle of what important matter requires this level of seriousness.

Ethan and I look at each other, both trying to see if anyone knows what this conversation would be about, and our blatant cluelessness causes us both to shrug.

My father and Adele walk in and sit in front of us, Adele seems to have been crying, I guess this is not going to be a happy subject.

"As you well know, my job means I have to move around from time to time." My father says, a solemn look on his face.

I get the feeling what is about to happen, and I don't like it, I don't like it at all.

"My boss has given me a job in Thailand, and I have had to accept it"

My heart sinks at his words,  just as I thought everything was finally getting into line.

I can never have anything go well for me can I, the world just won't accept it.

Tears begin to form in my eyes,

I see Adele grab my father's hands, offering a form of support. I don't expect her to, but she begins speaking:

"Neil and I have spoken about this, and we thought it best for Ethan and I to stay here, but when the job is over, you guys can come and live here again." She says,

"That is, if you want to come with me Jade?" My father says, this is the part which rips me apart the most. How do I choose?

Simon, or my father.

World why would you do this to me.

If I didn't have a choice then this wouldn't be as hard, I could just go and be broken about having to leave my friends, my boyfriend, behind.

I'm guessing it was Adele who suggested I could stay here until he returned, she knows how hard it would be for me to leave.

"How long are you there for?" Ethan asks, a question I was ultimately afraid to.

"18 months" he says,

I was thinking maybe I could just leave it as it is, just go away with my dad for a couple of months and return to my life.

But 18 months is something I can't even comprehend.

I can't leave Simon for 18 months, it would most definitely end in a messy breakup that neither of us wanted.

We've only just finally got together and this happens,

I sigh and my concealed tears begin to stream down my face, I wipe them away quickly enough to be unseen.

"Ethan and I would be happy to have you stay here with us until your father gets back, then we can be a proper family." Adele smiles, somehow, I know her and my dad are perfect for each other and I really think that they will last this, I hope so.

"I need to think about it" my voice is frail.

My father nods, he thinks he understands the situation, but he doesn't. He has no idea about what I have with Simon.

I stand up and leave the room, I walk upstairs biting the inside of my cheeks, trying my best to hold myself together.

I reach my bedroom and completely break down, tears stream from my eyes, anger and upset flowing through my body.

I flop down onto my bed finally, and cry into my duvet.

I can't do this.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N- nearly dooooone omg Xx