Chapter 8:Really?!?!

Me and Dwyane walk in to the auditorium.We see our group of people so we head over to them.

There's a seat next to Jordan and...a seat next to Mikel.I start moving for the seat next to Jordan but Dwyane gets there first.
Damn

Im forced to turn around and sit next to Mikel.

M-why are you avoiding me?

W-im not

Im staring straight ahead not looking at him till he puts his hand on my hand thats laying on my lap.

M-what were you and Dwyane talking about?

They've started the assembly so to avoid this conversation I'm gonna pretend that I can't hear him.

W-What did you say?I cant hear you.

M-then I'll move closer. Can you hear me now?

W-yes.I asked him a question.

M-why couldn't you ask him while walking why'd you have to stop?

W-Mikel why are ALWAYS asking questions?

M-now your asking the questions.

He smiles.
He's so close to me.I kinda like it...UGHHHHH stop Wendy you need to tell him to move what if Dwyane gets the wrong idea.

W-ummmm can you move

M-i thought you couldn't hear me.

W-your so close I can hear you smiling

We laugh.

M-ok I'll move so what did you ask?

I stare straight ahead.

W-i asked him to the dance on Friday.

Here it comes.

His whole disposition changes.You would think I told him I had stage 4 cancer.

M-why?!?! You dont even know him.

W-this could be my chance to get to know him.What is your problem with him?

M-he's not right for you

W-and you are?!?!At least he wouldn't ignore me for a whole summer.

M-i said I was sorry.

W-sorry doesn't cut it.

M-come on Wendy,I like you.

W-I like you too but I think we need to just be friends

M-bu-tt-t...fine

I'm not gonna lie I feel like crying.I really do like Mikel.I don't know what to do.

At this point were both staring straight ahead not talking we were talking pretty much the whole assembly so there's probably only a couple minutes left.Im not even listening to them Im too busy thinking about Mikel;if I did the right thing.
I didn't

I need to tell him.I'm bout to when the principal says

P-dismissed

He gets up

W-Mikel!!!!

I know he heard me but he just keeps walking.The girls come up to me and surround me so that I can't go after him.I hear questions all of a sudden flying at me.

I-did you do it?

Sa-what did he say?

L-obviously he said no cuz she looks like she's about to cry.

J-shutup Layla.Wendy its ok if he said no.

W-he said yes

I shutup Layla quick and the rest of them were pretty happy for me.Rosie was the only one not smiling.

They all walk off and Rosie is there.

R-what's wrong Wendy?

I spill everything to Rosie.She just sits there and listens.She then hugs me.

R-its ok Wendy you guys needed a break.Lets go.

We walk out the auditorium.Who do we see?Mikel and Layla.

Really?!?!