Annabeth's BIRTHDAY: the long lost friend

*this does belong to my story normally but I'm thinking of one more chapter from the past (like about Thalia getting used to living in a family and all that...)

Annabeth's POV

    I woke up to the smell of burn and some yelling- Percy. When I ran down the stairs Percy already flood the kitchen with water from the sink and forced it to leave through the open window, thank gods it was open or it would have been opened for good.
    "You cooking something?" I laughed out and Percy jumped, finally noticing me too.
    "Hey Beth, have you slept well?" He said, trying to cover the owen with his body.
    I laughed and he finally gave up and opened the door, laughing too.
    "I tried okay?"
    I shook my head, grinning.
    "This was supposed to be cookies." Percy put the tray into the sink. I sniffled a laugh. "Mum put them there and set the timer but little miss sis threw a fit and took it. . . and I forgot when I was supposed to take them out and-"
    "They left?" I gasped. It was my birthday. . . "I thought we were going to-"
    "Can you wait for me to tell you the plan?" Percy smirked, going for a hug.
    "I suppose," I smirked.

    "The last time you kidnapped me like this you asked me to marry you and I can't imagine anything more crazy than that," I laughed. I was blindfolded again, this time in a car, and going Apollo knows where.
    Percy chuckled. "Oh I can," he pulled over and stopped. Someone opened my door and literally pulled me out, we fell and I rolled to the side, pulling off the scarf.
    Percy was bent down above me, laughing like crazy. I recognized that we were under Camp Half-Blood Hill, I turned to the side and found-
    "GROVER!" I jumped on him and hugged him.
    "I- can't- breathe-" he muttered, I let him go and pulled him up with the happiest grin on my face. My cheeks already hurt but I couldn't stop the smile.
    I was suddenly 12 again, I hugged Grover again and jumped on Percy.
    "I love you," I kissed him. "Grover?"
    "Yes Annie?"
    I shuddered off the urge to tell him off. "Honestly, you're the greatest present ever," I laughed. The boys looked at each other, obviously sattisfied with themselves, and grinned.
    "I couldn't miss my best friend's 18s, could I?" Grover chuckled, getting in the backseat.
    "And what about the wedding?" Percy asked.
    "I'll go to the next one," Grover said, smirking, I smacked him on his head. "So we still have a vehicle to blow up. . . Where are we going?"
    "Get some food?" I asked.
    "Yep," Percy nodded.
    "Mind telling me where?" I asked. Grover chuckled behind me.
    We disappeared in a flash of light and literally landed from about one feet.
    "What just happened?"
    "Destroyed car, check," panted Grover.
    "Apollo owe me a lift. The car! I'm gonna kill him!" He ran out, checking it frantically.
    "Is this-"
    "The Hoover dam?" Grover noted.
    "It is," said Percy.

    This day I finally truly understood all the "dam" jokes. We started a tortilla fight in the Dam Snack Bar and almost got arrested. I found out I could control the mist. In a way. . . They thought we were lost girl scouts but didn't want the cookies at all, weird.
    When the time turned 6 we sat on a hill and talked. Grover would finally stay for a little longer, maybe forever. Juniper threatened to turn him into a dandelion.
    I was laying in Percy's lap and started falling asleep. I closed my eyes for a second and saw the darkness of Tartarus, blood, Bob holding the door.
    I cuddled to Percy. I didn't want to but a tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped my face and sniffed.
    "Annabeth?" Grover sat up.
    "I'm okay," I tried to smile. "It's just-" I bit my lip. "You know what?" I wasn't going to destroy the day.
    "No?" The boys said in sync.
    "I want another dam snack." I patted Percy's thigh and jumped up.
    "The last one stinks!" I shouted and set off. Believe me, there's no one faster than Grover racing towards his cheese tortillas.

-Vendy