Prologue[Edited]

I stare at the peach-colored walls and count the numerous paintings. My mind is littered with the thoughts of meeting my boss in just five long hours. The conversation with the secretary replays in my head. "Hello miss Franklin, I am very happy to inform you that Royler Publishing Co. has looked over your resume and reviewed your interviews," my heart was beating so fast I almost fainted. "And come to the decision to hire you. Please come in on Monday so Mr. Royler can go over the required paperwork. Have a great weekend miss Franklin." And here I am, laying in bed at three in the morning with a mind full of everything except the ability to sleep. My arm extends to the nightstand and I feel around for my phone. The stretch pulls my muscles in a way that makes me so cozy, I extend my legs to match the sensation. After a few annoying minutes of feeling around, I finally grab my iPhone and bring it above my face. The light flashes on and I swipe right to unlock it and am welcomed by a selfie of my mother. I giggle at her wide smile and brown hair, the sun blinding her hazel eyes. "I love you." I murmur as I think of my home in North Carolina. But all the thoughts disappear when the phone falls from my clumsy hands and smacks me in the face.