RUN!

WARNING THIS EPISODE CONTAINS MOMENTS OF EXTREME SADNESS.
(Or maybe not to some)

"There's nothing I could do",

I tackled 13-30 and 02-31 before the blast could get to them.

I kept my head down and covered my ears. My head started to hurt. As my ears rang my world became blurry. Until 13-30s, screem snapped me out of my daze.

I looked in her direction and saw 17-17 on the floor. A pool of blood covered her, and her legs were no longer there.

I crawled towards her and kneed in front of 17-17. She was still alive.

Her breathing was raging and was fading fast. She looked up at me and gave a small smile "I messed up didn't I"? I shook my head "It was my fault I didn't warn you in time...I'm sorry". My tears rolled down my cheek.

Then I hear gunshots. I turn around and see a 13-30 shot on the waist. She collapses. I ran up towards her, but 02-31 pushed me out of the way before more shots were heard, hitting him in the chest.

I fell on the ground, but 02-31 picked me up, a hand on his wound. "What are you waiting for RUN"! He yells and pushes me towards the exit.

I shake my head "No I...I can't just leave y'all". More gunshots "Just shut up and go!! One of us has to make it out alive and that person is you"! Yells 13-30

I look at them "Please 17-22 survive *gasp* survive for us *gasp* DON'T YOU DARE DIE THATS AN ORDER"! 17-17 yelled.

I looked at them one last time and then ran while screams, and gunshots fell distance.

13-30 pov:
The soldiers started shooting after her, ignoring us. 17-22's doctor kept screaming at them "What the hell are you doing!! You're letting her get away, must I do everything myself"! He turned the soldiers around "She won't get far with all those traps, common follow me I know a shortcut".

He started to walk away when one of the soldiers stopped "How about the kids on the floor"? He turned to them "Leave them, they were useless test subjects anyway".

I tried to stand, but my feet were rendered useless "Come on"!! I yelled in frustration then 17-17's soft voice said "I'm...I'm just glad that one of us made it out alive", tears started to roll down her cheek "I'm so happy", she said.

I crawled towards her ignoring the pain in my waist. She tilted her head towards me "Do *gasp* you think she'll remember us", I smiled and let the tears flow down my face "Don't be stupid, of course she will," she looked up at the ceiling "I'm glad that I was able to have *gasp* su..ch *gasp* good *gasp* friends". Her head then tilted and she stopped breathing.

My eyes widened "17-17"? I shook her "17-17 please...please wake up"! I shook her more, but she didn't move "Stop 13-30! She's...gone," I turned to see 02-31 lying on the ground a hand on his bleeding wound.

I looked at 17-17 and closed her eyes. She looked somehow peaceful.

I crawled towards 02-31. His tears fell steadily and he lifted his other hand. I lay next to him already too exhausted and took his hand.

We stayed like that for a while until he spoke "13-30 do you think heaven is as wonderful as they say it is" " He tightened his grip on my hand "Bloody hell 02-31 don't think like that". "I...I just hope 17-22 doesn't feel too sad because I want her to be happy", I stayed quiet letting him talk "It...it just hurts so much...and I feel so tired", his tears fell faster "It's ok...you can sleep now you deserve that much...and I'll be right here". I said softly.

He squeezes my hand "Can you tell me the story you told us about the outside world", I smile "Of course". I cleared my throat "The outside is really beautiful, there are women with long beautiful dresses and lots of handsome men wearing nice suits", I closed my eyes "Every so often people go into ballrooms and dance to music and all the food you can eat, and in the streets, children are playing. There are also many stores were you can find anything you can think of", 02-31 smiled "even chocolate," I chuckled "yes even chocolates".

"I'm glad that she will finally see all those amazing things". At that moment his hand fell limp and I knew he was gone.

I was also feeling tired, it was hard to keep my eyes open "17-22 live a happy life because we all will be watching you", I gulped "And I swear if you go to heaven before your time I will kick your ass ok...ok". My eyes finally grew heavy and darkness swallowed me.

17-22 Prov:
I ran towards the exit and opened the door. I jumped across the last hall of explosives using my ability to direct where they were placed.

Finally, I see a latch and a door that opens up. I knew it was locked so I placed my hands on the steel door "age 1000 years", my arms burned and my head rang, but the door didn't budge.

"Common, common I made a promise, please let me keep it", I tried again "Age 1000 years", I clenched my teeth as more pain moved through my body, but nothing.

I looked at my hand which was covered in blood that's when I noticed a bullet wound on my side, but I couldn't worry about that now "ok calm down, maybe it's too many years, I'll try again with less", I closed my eyes and place my hands on the bloody prints my hands left "age 500 years".

I clenched my teeth again and the metal made a squeaking noise before tilting over me. I squeezed out the small opening and I was out.

I ran with my feet bare touching what I think was dirt. I clenched the lad coat tighter and looked up to the moon.

I hired what sounded like horses and a familiar voice "Spread out and find her"! I ran towards the trees and just kept running.

Everything ached my eyes were seeing black dots, but my friend's words compelled me forward. That's when I hired voices of what sounded like a kid.

I ran towards it and saw a well-dressed boy with a tall pale man next to him. I ran towards him as he turned around his blue eye was the last thing I saw.
The yells of soldiers "We found her"! and the feeling of bullets going through my body made my heart sink.