Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The awkward silence was torture to say at the very least.

Honestly, I would totally say something to Damon but I have way too much pride for that. Damon knew that too.

Worst part: I knew he wouldn't say anything as well because he's just the same.

Sometimes, I hate our stubbornness.

It was getting late and I kept glancing back and forth towards the clock and Damon.

''I'm going to the vending machines, want anything?'' I asked politely.

''Grab me a snickers will you'' he said with a sheepish, crooked smile.

Improvement!

Huh, who knew it would because because the boy is nuts for nuts?

Not those kind of nuts! I mentally shuddered.

I went to the vending machine to see didn't have any snickers. Shit.

I checked another one and then resulted to walking to the ship halfway down the street. I'm pretty sure it's a 24 hour one.

Debating on whether or not to go, I mentally said 'screw it' and went anyway.

~~~

Whilst exiting the shop, I looked around at my surroundings.

Meh, I've seen worse.

Someone takes behind me and before I could check who it was, they came closer and put their hand over my mouth. ''Don't you know better than to be out here all on your own in the middle of the night,'' a deep, raspy voice said, fanning my neck with every word ''silly girl.'' They muttered under their breath.

I was about to use some of the kickboxing moves I was Taught when I sensed a familiar aura. I turned around and saw Eli.

Eli.

Eli (I don't know his second name) from Webb's mental institution?

Yeah it was him alright but there was a difference.

This Eli isn't sober.

''Eli are you drunk?'' I asked bewildered as I didn't think he was one to get intoxicated.

''No!!'' He shook his head furiously looking like a little kid being asked by his mother if he did something wrong; though we all know he did it, he denies it anyway making it obvious to someone with visual impairment.

''Come 'ere'' I gestured for him to come towards me and when he looked at me like I was a scary snake lady - like medusa, I put my hand out.

He reluctantly took it and we began to walk back to where Damon was.

A new confidence suddenly overcame Eli as he walked up to Damon and tried to ...

Wait for it...

TICKLE HIM.

What the heck!

Damon looked at him as if he was crazy and said ''tickle me and I will tickle your neck with a knife.'' He then looked at me as if to say 'explain what this is'.

I replied simply ''drunk.''

He nodded in understanding. We'd all been drunk before...

''Are you drunk? I'm drunk too!'' He excitedly clapped his hands like a fangirl. ''Don't tell Brooklyn though'' he whispered - all to Damon.

''I see you made a new friend,'' I smirked at Damon. ''Aww, I have to take a picture! My baby growing up so fast!'' I fake cooed pretending to resist/repress the urge to pinch his cheeks like one of those grandmas.

''Brooklyn, don't you dare.'' He warned a half whining, half serious kind of voice.

I took my picture and said ''Eli,'' he looked my way ''smile!'' He more than happily agreed pulling Damon into his embrace and then after a couple snaps, I put my phone away.

Eli is a funny drunk. He's like a 5 year old.

I small smile made its way onto my face as I realised I didn't even know Eli and I liked him already. This doesn't happen often and by this I mean me liking people. This is going to be a great friendship, I can just tell.

Eli sniffed Damon.

''You smell like my dad did'' and with that he ran away and started vomiting in the nearest bin.