02 | S N A K E P I T

•••
everyone needs reality to punch
  them in the face every
once in a while.                           
                   keeps them on guard.
•••

   HarryPotter arrived late that evening, the Order had one of their meetings after they brought the Boy who lived, so they all were told to stay in their rooms. Lynnea was not ungrateful, that she was the only one here having a room on her own, so she decided to lay down for a while, still feeling exhausted, even if she had slept through the whole day. But at least her parents weren't even dead for fourty-eight hours. She still felt numb, nothing more, nothing less. On the other hand she wasn't very keen on feeling anything else right at the moment, and didn't want to think about the loss anyways. There'd come a time the whole thing would come crashing down on her like a tsunami, so as long as she was able to keep this awful feeling away from her, she'd use it to her advantage.

   "Lynnea, dear?" A knock on the door and Mrs Weasley's voice snapped her back out of her thoughts. She asked her in, being greeted by Mrs Weasley's heartwarming smile. "Professor Dumbledore is here, he wants to have a word with you, but hasn't that much time. Would you please follow me downstairs?"

   Nodding, she followed her. At first Lynnea thought, she'd bring her back into the kitchen, but Mrs Weasley instead led her through a door on the other side of the corridor.

   Dumbledore already was in there, facing the wall, which was showing an impressive ancestral chart in form of a pedigree. As the girl entered, he turned around, a bright smile on his lips. Mrs Weasley left and closed the door behind her.

   "Miss Bailey", Dumbledore greeted her. "I hope you feel welcome here?"

   "Oh,of course, they're all extremely kind people in here", she responded and cracked a smile. "To be honest I just don't get whyI'm here, I don't know anyone of those. Why don't I have to stay with my aunt? Not that I'm sad about it", she quickly added, as she had never had a good relationship with that woman, "I'm just wondering about your intentions."

   "One by one", Dumbledore replied. "I'll try to answer your questions, but first you need to be sorted. As in Hogwarts we have four houses. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Your house is kind of your family. You'll share rooms with them, and spent a lot of timetogether, join the same classes. Each house has different qualities, but to explain everyone of them time will not allow right now. Usually new students will be sorted on the first of September in front of everyone in the Great Hall, but when they first attempt Hogwarts, students are usually about eleven years old, and I thought you'd might prefer being sorted right now."

   "You definitely thought right", Lynnea said, her voice full of relief. "How does the sorting work?"

   "The Sorting Hat will choose the right house for you", Dumbledore said, and pulled out an old and used looking head out of his robe. "All you have to do is put him on your head, and he'll do the rest."

   Lynnea threw the hat a suspicious look, then she shrugged, looking back at the old wizard. "Okay, let's start." He smiled and put the hat on her head, it glided down over her eyes, letting the surroundings vanish in blackness.

   "Ahh,well well, Miss ... Bailey", she heard a quiet voice talk into herears, hesitating for a moment, before it continued speaking. "Wherewould we put you in? You're smart, yes, indeed quite intelligent,you'd do well in Ravenclaw. Brave as the rest of your family, of course. But also you're cunning, yeah, and ambitious. Slytherin might also be a good choice for you." For seconds he fell silent, then he told Lynnea: "Yes, I think that's the best choice for you-"