Chapter 49 : Keeping her on HOLD

Aaron Reynolds's Pov

I took a bite of my sandwich and stared at her while she was looking away but, damn, she caught me ogling at her. She widely grinned as a reaction to the same. It wasn't like I haven't seen prettier faces, but hers was different. Even in the crowd full of pretty woman, I'd still stare at her face, and give her all my attention. Her eyes were deep, like an ocean. The pink shade of her lips demanded to be kissed every second.

I could watch her, all day, every day. I've kept my feelings till myself for a long time but I didn't want to anymore. Everything in life made sense. It felt like the year-old wounds were in the process of healing with that angel face and pretty smile. It was a new bond which was taking birth in my life, every problem of tomorrow felt irrelevant.

In all these years, I couldn't find any moment of joy. Loneliness ate me up alive and that is why I couldn't say her the way I felt for her, feel for her. I'm glad that I fell for her. She didn't expect me to say those words. She read those words in my eyes which no one ever did. After meeting her, I knew that it was a sign from God that I've been made for her. I loved her, I loved her so much. I just needed to gather guts to say that to her. I did try but none of my attempts were successful.

"Mr. Reynolds?"

"Sorry, I didn't hear you. Did you just say the five letter word which starts with double a, aka my name?" I questioned back.

"Yeah, of course, I said Aaron. How sexy does that sounds?" she lied.

"Let's go", she caught me through my arms. I rubbed the back of her hands and took the lead. She followed me.

After taking up the driver's seat, I watched her as she crossed her legs and sat on the seat comfortably. She was clumsy, but I loved it no matter how much I hated clumsiness back then.

I was excited for today, very excited. I organized a surprise party for her with the help of her friends. I had no idea of her choices and preferences but I was sure eager to learn and I was kind of enjoying the learning process. Initially, I decided to throw a small party and invite only her close family and friends but then I decided to include some of my friends too. She was Aaron's girl and I sure had to flaunt it. I was proud of it, of her, of us.

"So.... Aaron", she cleared her throat, grinned like she accomplished something really big. "Where are we heading to?" I continued.

"What happened to the resolution of impersonating Nancy Drew?" okay, I'm trying to get over my sarcasm. It'll take time but I'm trying to get over it.

I kept my phone next to the clutch, and silently texted Francis that whether everything was ready. It was 3 pm. The party was scheduled to begin at 7pm which meant that I had to pass more time. It was very difficult for me to keep her hanging, without giving her proper details. "So where do you want to go?"

"Bailing me from your mansion with a confession?" she furrowed her brows and continued "I want to go home, your home, precisely. I prefer staying indoors with you rather than being watched by a ton many people outdoors"

"I sense someone wants privacy, for umm..." I cleared my throat. She hit me hard playfully on my shoulders. I shrieked dramatically. "Oh sorry, did it hurt?" she rubbed that area. I cornered my eyes and glanced at her. I laughed hysterically at her much anticipated reaction. She looked at me and punched me continuously on the same spot again.

Her hands were soft. It didn't hurt me at all. "On a serious note, where do you want us to head?" I re-questioned.

"What happened with the Anti-James policy?"

"No one can touch even a strand of your hair when you are with me. You're safe with me. So.... Coming back to the question where do you want to head?"