Fowler Finds Out

[Music: Not Alone by Red - Thought it kinda worked. Comet doesn't know our world and feels so afraid inside, but Ratchet is here to help him and guide him. He'll always be there for his sparkling :3]

---

Ratchet froze in panic, optics wide. In all the time since Comet arrived no one had even thought about how Special Agent Fowler would react. He wasn't exactly 'overjoyed' when he discovered Jack, Raf and Miko in the base. 

The medic gulped and tightened his grip on the sparkling. He looked to June while fear took over. "Fowler can't know!"

June frowned but gave a sympathetic look. "He's going to find out eventually."

Ratchet shook his head, worrying scenarios flooding his head. "What if Agent Fowler thinks that he isn't safe here and has him taken away?! Humans won't know how to look after him! And what if their interference means Megatron gets his servos on him again?!"

Now Bee started to panic and stood closer to Ratchet. ::What?! Nobody's taking Comet away from us! I'll shoot anyone who tries!::

"Ratchet calm down." June said softly, regretting asking now. "Nothing's going to happen to him."

"You can't know that!" Ratchet exclaims, then the sound of a helicopter could be heard outside the base. Quickly Ratchet dashed over to his work station and brought up the cameras. As soon as he saw who was approaching his Energon ran cold.

"Agent Fowler's coming!!!"

::Scrap!:: Bee beeped rapidly. ::What do we do?!!::

Before Bumblebee even finished speaking Ratchet was already running down to the lower levels with Comet clutched to his chest. He didn't even stop when he almost (accidentally) kicked Nurse Darby.

"Tell Agent Fowler I'm not here!!" He yelled urgently just as he vanished from view. Bee and June gave each other a panicked look just as the lift opened and an annoyed Agent Fowler stomped out.

"PRIME!" Fowler demanded and entered the base. He saw June and Bumblebee upon arrival. "Where's Prime?"

::Out scouting:: Bee beeped in response. Fowler growled in frustration while June stayed quiet.

"You know I can't understand you!" He snapped and glanced around. "Where's Ratchet?"

Bee's optics widened and he had to think fast. ::Um..Scouting with Optimus..::

Fowler scowled and turned to leave. "Just tell Prime that--"

"Beep!"

Everyone turned to the direction of the berthrooms to see Comet crawling over with a massive grin, and Ratchet scrambling after him desperately. They'd been hiding under Bulkhead's berth, but Comet had managed to give his Sire the slip and went to finish playing with Bumblebee.

"Who in Uncle Sam's name is that?!" Fowler demanded and stared at Comet in shock. 

::This is Comet..:: Bee buzzed awkwardly as he quickly picked up the mischievous sparkling, who squealed happily once lifted. "Beep Beep!"

Glaring, Agent Fowler turned to Ratchet. "Care to explain?!"

---

"And you didn't think to tell me!" Fowler yelled scornfully at the Autobots before him after Ratchet had finished explaining everything that had happened. June had been called back to work, leaving the two adult 'bots to take the roasting.

"We were going too.." Ratchet began while balancing Comet on his hip. "But.."

"But what?!" Agent Fowler grumbled, now just wanting everything straightened out.

Ratchet looked at his sparkling sadly, then back to Agent Fowler. "I.. Feared.. That you would take him away from us."

::Please don't take him Agent Fowler:: Bee whirled while giving sad puppy-dog optics.

Fowler's expression softened slightly and felt a little guilty for making him believe that. "I wouldn't take him away. He's one of you."

Ratchet and Bumblebee both emitted mechanical sighs of relief. The medic hoisted Comet to next to his spark chamber and smiled. "Thank you Agent Fowler."

"But." Fowler added sternly. "Are you confident you can care for him and keep him safe? He's young and will be growing up in the centre of a war."

Ratchet looked at the Agent solemnly. "Agent Fowler, I would rather my own spark was extinguished than any harm come to him."

::Same here.:: Bee chipped in.

Fowler nodded. "Okay then."

Ratchet nodded while Comet wriggled in his grip. Assuming he wanted to go to Bumblebee his Sire set him on the floor. But instead he picked up Agent Fowler and hugged him. Fowler shrieked and struggled but Comet simply giggled:

"Argh! Ratchet tell him to put me down!"

Ratchet held back his laughs, but Bee let rip. ::I think he likes you Agent Fowler.::