Chapter Thirteen.

Author’s Note:  PLEASE, PLEASE READ THIS! So, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a banner or something for my story. I’ll dedicate a chapter to anyone who does make one, and I’ll attach it to that chapter :3 So, if you fancy it then make one and send me a link through inbox. Thanks!
This is the longest chapter yet and I really, really hope y’all like it. Remember to comment, vote, fan and share. :D

Chapter Thirteen.
Madeline’s Point of View.

My eyes fluttered open, my head feeling slightly fuzzy and dazed. Black spots danced in front of my eyes for a few moments before my vision cleared. I was still for several moments before I glanced around the plain, sterile, white room. A hospital room? I turned my head to the side, coming face to face with a worried looking Kyle. His brow was furrowed and his eyes were filled with concern.

“Hey.”

The voice that came from my lips didn’t sound like my own. It was hoarse and my throat was painfully sore and dry. There was a thumping within my head, and it caused my temples and forehead to throb uncomfortably. I shut my eyes for a few moments and yawned before I opened my eyes again.

“You scared me back at school.”

I cracked a small smile at Kyle’s words, touched that he would be concerned about my wellbeing.

“What happened?”

I asked. Kyle shrugged his shoulders and shook his head as his mouth opened to answer.

“You just passed out when we got to the nurse’s office. The doctor hasn’t told me anything, and you were out cold so I guess he’ll come back soon to tell you what’s going on.”

I lifted my head slowly up and down in a cautious nod, pressing my sharp teeth into my lower lip and chewing on it for a moment. I swallowed, realising just how parched I was.

“Is there any water?”

Kyle nodded his head and stood up. My gaze followed him as he walked around to the other side of the bed. He courteously poured me a glass of water and popped a straw into the glass. My lips twitched into a smile as he held the straw to my lips.

I sipped thirstily at the water, instantly pacified as the cool liquid soothed my hot throat. When I was no longer parched, Kyle placed the glass back onto the wooden table and returned to his chair. The both of us turned our heads to stare at the door as it was opened.

I identified the first entrant as a doctor, and the second as my mother. Behind her stood a small William. My breath caught in my throat and I silently curled my fingers around the thin sheet that had been placed over me.

“Ahh good, you’re awake. Your school called your mother at her workplace so she’s here to see you. Before I leave you to it, I am going to inform you of your situation.”

The doctor spoke, looking in my direction with a smile. My jaw tightened as I clenched my teeth together, and I forced myself to nod my head.

“Firstly, you were extremely dehydrated, hence the drip. Secondly, your right kidney is very inflamed and we discovered some internal bleeding, which we have managed to stabilise. We will need to keep you in for the next few days for observation, and if your condition improves then you may be discharged.”

After speaking, the doctor quickly excused himself from the room. As soon as the door had clicked closed behind him, I spoke.

“Come here William.”

My jaw softened as I looked at him. A bright grin lit up his angelic face as he ran over to the bed and hurried to climb up. He jumped onto my lap, and my stomach clenched in pain. I snapped my teeth down onto my tongue to prevent a cry falling from my lips.