Chapter 4

Emma’s POV:

“Okay, so what museum are we going to first Mr. H?” I said as we were walking along the side walk

“Well, I think because you are going to live in Chicago, and the fact that you know nothing about Chicago, we can go to The Chicago History Museum.” He said

“Sounds good to me.” I said.

                Eventually, we made it to the museum and we were walking around seeing all of the cool exhibits. After a little while it got kind of repetitive but H kept it interesting by making funny comments on every little thing.

“Okay, not saying that this stuff is very fascinating, but it’s kind of boring.” I said

“Yeah, I know what you mean. I’m not too big of a fan of museums.” He responded. “But I am a big fan of history.”

I looked at his in surprise. “Are you really?”

“Yeah, I know it’s weird but I’m actually a huge American history buff. Like I don’t care what happened in England in 1562 or anything like that, I don’t really care about that shit. But if it happened here in ‘Merica then I’m actually pretty interested. I don’t know what about it, like I grew up here, that interests me, I want to learn about it.” He said and I looked at him with my mouth open and he started to laugh “What? Why are you looking at me like that, is that weird or something?”

“No, not at all. I just didn’t picture you as a history fan.”

“American history.”

“Yeah an American history fan.” I said and he started shaking his head in disbelief. “Sorry! I just picture you as the sports, video game type of guy who only has an interest in how to make video games.”

“Well if you think that, I can just leave now.” He said and started jokingly walking away from me.

I laughed and ran to catch up to him and when I got to him and grabbed his arm so that he would stop. I accidently grabbed his bicep and my god did he have muscle.

“Oh H, you are so dramatic.” I said and realized that I was still holding his bicep. I let go and started to blush to myself.

‘Why thank you.” H said and did a little bow. “Anyway, why did you agree to go to a museum with me, if you don’t like history?”

“Well, you offered and I didn’t know what to say!” I said and he started laughing. “No, stop! Why are you laughing!”

“You could’ve said no!” He said

“Well, if I said that, it would’ve given you a reason not to hang out with me.” I said quietly

H’s POV:

                Once she said that I didn’t really know what to say back. I didn’t want her feelings but what she said was probably true. The only things to do in Chicago, at least to my knowledge, are to go to museums and to the parks in the area.

“No, that’s not true.” I said just trying to say something to make her feel better. “I would have still hung out with you. It would just not have involved museums.”

She laughed “Well okay, um, I still like parks, I think. Do you want to go to one?”

‘Yeah sure!” I said and then realized that these parks are only good for eating picnics. “Um, do you want to like get lunch first maybe and like eat it at the park?”

“Oh, you mean like a picnic?” She said and I nodded. “Yeah sure, why not, it’s a nice enough day out.”

                I suggested going to some place other then Chipotle but she insisted that it was fine. I mean personally, I could, and sometimes do, eat Chipotle every day of the week and still be pretty happy about it. She seemed to share my love of burritos which made me smile when I thought about it. A lot of my fans know of my love for Chipotle and I feel like they just bring it up or tweet me a picture of their burrito because they know I’ll favorite it. Also I hate when people ask what Chipotle is, even though I’ve explained it a million times, they only ask because they want me to recognize them.

“H, we are here.” Emma said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Oh yeah, sorry I was day dreaming.” I said and did a little embarrassed laugh.

“It’s okay, it happens to the best of us.” She said

                We went in and ordered our respective orders and I of course paid like the gentleman I am. Once we got our drinks and stuff together, we started to walk to the nearest park which was Millennium Park. The ground was a little bit wet and since I didn’t plan on having a picnic. In replace of the usually blanket, I took off my jacket and we sat on it together.

Within 5 minutes of eating she was done. “Wow” I said with only 1/3 of my burrito eaten.

‘What?” She said confused and then looked down to see that she finished. “Oh, yeah… I’m kind of a fast eater.”

“Yeah you could say that.” I said laughing.

“Stop! I can’t help it!” She said and gave me a little push. “I guess it’s the Irish in me, my dad eats really fast.”

“Your dad is from Ireland?” I said interested.

“Yup, lived there for 20ish years until he came to American and met my mom.” She said smiling.

“Oh, cool. My parents are from Ireland too.” H said. “I actually used to go there every summer for a while, but I haven’t been in a few years.”

“I went last year for Christmas break.” She said. “It was very uneventful, lots of family drama and what not. For me it was basically just a chance to stock up on Taytos, Crunchies and Flakes.”

“I love Taytos!” I said excitedly. “I even have a little cup on it with the Tayto guy! It’s my water cup.”

She laughed. “You have specific cups for certain beverages?”

I blushed a little. “No…”

She laughed again and nudged my arm. “It’s okay, I won’t judge you.”

“Thanks, I appreciate it.” I smiled looking down at her.

I just realized that her eyes were brown, but had the tiniest hint of green in them, that you would have never been able to tell unless you were staring into them. We were staring at each other like that for at least a minute, and then out of nowhere, it started to rain.

We laughed. “Of course it starts raining! There can never go one day without it raining in good ‘ol Chicago.” I said “Say goodbye to that wonderful California weather, you are in Chicago now.”

“The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” She said and something about the way she said it, made my heart flutter a little bit.

                I stared at her in captivity and then finally shook out of it as the rain turning into a downpour. I stood up really fast, helped her up and grabbed my jacket. I put it on even though there was a little bit of mud at the bottom, it didn’t really bother me. I grabbed her hand and ran with her to find shelter from the rain.