"Okay, we'll be down soon," Madison smiled. Vinny nodded before heading out of the room. He walked downstairs and towards the dining-room. That's where Oliver said he would be.

He opened the door, looked around and was surprised to see that he wasn't there. He frowned, where could he be? He thought that maybe he went for a wander and got himself lost so he turned and headed back into the corridor.

Fifteen minutes passed.

Vinny was starting to get a little worried. He checked everywhere and had not run into him. They only had fifteen minutes until they had been apart for two hours and he could feel a distant pull in his chest. He didn't like it.

He was on the second floor and was starting to panic. What if Oliver had hurt himself but was lost and on his own? The thought of that made him walk quickly back to his dad's study.

He opened the door without warning and entered.

"I can't find Oliver and it has been almost two hours." He breathed. His parents saw the clear panic on his face as they stood up.

"Where was he last?" Duke asked.

"The dining room, but I've looked everywhere," He said, just as Scarlet casually entered the room. "Have you seen Oliver?"

Her cold eyes looked him up and down.

"Well, wherever he is, he might be a bit chilly," A smirk worked its way onto her lips, making everyone frown.

"What do you mean? Where is he?" Vinny snapped angrily. He had no time for games.

"Son, calm down." Duke could see he was clearly distressed.

"I may have accidentally locked him out and in the garden," Scarlet spoke with innocence and shrugged like it was no big deal.

"You did what!?" Vinny roared but his mind was racing. His soulmate has been locked outside. Did he even have any warm clothes on? How long has he been outside in the dark, alone?

He didn't wait for an answer and ran out of the room. He ran down the corridors and towards the stairs. He heard his dad sprinting after him but he couldn't stop.

As he reached the dining-room again, he continued until he got to the garden doors. He unlocked it and ran outside. Even he felt cold as he looked desperately around.

"Oliver!?" He shouted, just as his dad came outside too.

"Oliver!?" Duke yelled and looked around too. Where could he be? His son disappeared into the darkness with sharp eyes, trying to detect any movement. The snow crunched under his feet and the snow fell calmly around this chaotic situation.

Just then, there was a little voice from underneath one of the statues. Duke turned to see Oliver curled up and trying to shelter himself from the falling snow. He was shaking violently as he tried getting up.

"Vinny, he's here!" Duke shouted and ran over. "Oliver?" He looked lost and disorientated. Duke knew he was developing hypothermia by how blue his lips were.

When Vinny spotted him, his heart almost broke. He ran over and quickly knelt down in front of him.

"Oliver, are you okay?" He asked desperately and placed his hands on the side of his freezing face. Oliver shook his head and slowly reached for him. His teeth were chattering hard as his body trembled.

Vinny didn't waste any more time before he and Duke helped him to his feet. They walked him back towards the dining room. Madison was waiting eagerly by the door when she spotted them. When she saw Oliver looking so weak and frail, she quickly picked up a blanket next to the fire.

As soon as they were inside, she wrapped it around his shoulders.

"You poor thing."

He tried to smile, showing how thankful he was.

"I-I'm S-Sorry," He stuttered through chattering teeth.

"What for?" Vinny put his arms around him, trying to keep in the heat.

"F-For making you w-worry." He felt extremely bad. Vinny looked panicked and stressed, he hated seeing him like that.

"Don't apologise, this is not your fault." The vampire hugged him tightly. He felt his cold cheek against him as he rubbed his back.

"Scarlet, why the hell would you do something like this?" Duke yelled. She was standing next to the dining table with her arms crossed and a bored expression.

"I was proving a point," She muttered but she knew everyone was angry with her. Vinny turned and gave her an evil glare. If he wasn't more concentrated on making Oliver better, he would have said some incredibly hurtful things.

"You locked that poor boy outside and left him to freeze because you wanted to prove a point?" Madison asked. Her tone was harsh. She was finding it hard to believe that her daughter would ever do something so cruel.

"Yes. That is a perfect example as to why Vampires should not have human soulmates. They're weak," She said without a trace of sympathy in her voice.

Duke's mouth hung open. Oliver could now get seriously ill. What would have happened if they didn't find him?

"Scarlet, get out of my sight," He grumbled, just as John walked into the dining-room. He gasped when he saw his son shaking with blue lips.

"Oliver? What happened!?"

"He got locked outside." Vinny could not look at his sister, he was disgusted by her behaviour.

"What!?" John was extremely worried. "For how long?"

"Too long."

"How?" John asked as he rubbed Oliver's arms, trying to help warm him up.

"We'll explain later, but you need to get him into a warm bath," Madison said as Vinny nodded before walking towards the door with Oliver and John.

Scarlet had left in a strop but she had no right to be angry.

Vinny didn't know how he would ever be able to face her again. She did this to his soulmate on purpose and didn't even say sorry. She was kidding herself if she thought their relationship would ever be the same again. He would never forgive her for this.

Never.