32

I made it home around 5 o'clock. As I approached my door step I retrieved my house key from out of my bookbag and unlocked the door.

I went inside and Trixie immediately came barking down the steps until she realized it was just me. I closed the door behind me, locked it then made my way upstairs.

I went into my room and pulled my bookbag off. When Jahseh seen me come in he got up off his bed and went over to his window.

Since mine was already up all he had to do was talk.

"How was detention?" He asked as I went over to my dresser to find something to change in.

"You should know, I was texting you the whole time. But it was boring" I said pulling out a spaghetti strapped shirt.

"Right"

"I need to ask you something" I said as I began to pull off my school shirt.

"It's going to be hard to answer, since you're getting undressed in front of me"

"No seriously. Let's just be serious for a second"

"Okay"

"Have you been, ya know... like texting other girls?" I asked.

I pulled on the shirt then changed out of my pants. I watched as his eyes traveled down my body until he made eye contact with me.

I studied his face as he shook his head no. To make sure he wasn't lying, I stared at him long and hard.

A smile cracked on his face and then he shook his head no.

"Why you looking at me like that?" He asked.

"Don't lie to me Jahseh"

"No, I haven't been texting other girls what the fuck. The only people I talk to is you, Chris, and Ashaunti. Where did this question come from?"

"It's just that your little girlfriend from when you first moved here, was throwing shade and I felt like her and her friend were talking about you and I because they were being all giggly when they asked me about you"

I put my dirty clothes in the hamper then made my way over to my bed. I sat down at the edge waiting to see what he had to say.

"What were they saying?"

"Something about someone needs to tell their boyfriend to stop texting me, and that he's out here making her look stupid because she thinks he's faithful" I shrugged.

Jahseh kissed his teeth.

"Bullshit. They weren't talking about me. Maybe she was just trying to make you mad" He said.

"I guess"

"Anyways, what are you about to do?"

"Take a nap"

"I'm coming over"

I nodded my head and he made his way out of the window while I got comfortable in my bed.

Outside, it looked as if it were about to rain which meant that now would be the perfect time for me to catch some Zs.

Jahseh made his way into my room and closed the window. He came and got in the bed with me, and I pulled the covers over the both of us.