Born and Ignored

Today's the day! I thought. Time to leave this cramped little place! Haha!

Just then, a bright light hit me and my sister's eyes. A pair of hands reached in and pulled me out of my mother's womb.

I nudged my sister and she cried out.

Good, I thought. They'll know she's there.

"There's two of them!" Someone cried out. I opened my eyes to see a man who I assumed was my father. I didn't get a chance to really look at him because then I was handed to a pretty girl with blonde hair.

I turned to see my sister being pulled out my mother. "Renesmee," my father whispered.

I scrunched my face up. Eww, that's a weird name.

My father turned and handed her to another woman, one with a pixie cut.

Me and my sister, Renesmee, were scurried of to be cleaned. Everyone oblivious to the fact that I hadn't been named.

By the time we were cleaned and dressed I had find out the blonde was Rosalie, the pixie cut was Alice, and I met Carlisle, Jasper, Emmett and Esme.

But for some reason no one admired me like Renesmee. Maybe because she looked 'just like her mother,' as everyone would say.

She had chocolate brown eyes, brown soft curls, soft milky skin and a power. She could relay images into the mind of anyone she touched.

Impressive, I thought.

Me on the other hand, looked nothing like my mother or father. Everyone was kind of shocked to see me with wavy, reddish-brown hair, blue eyes, and no distinguished power. But I knew I had one, deep down inside.

So the fact that I practically couldn't do anything, led everyone to goggle over my dear twin sister. But frankly, I didn't care, she was younger, she deserved the attention.

But what bothered me was that I was left sitting unsupported on the couch as everyone gathered around Renesmee. They fed her, she was even imprinted on!

For cripes sake, she's out of the womb just a couple hours and she's already found her soul mate. Irritation led me to do something I didn't even know I could do. . . .speak.

"Can you stop ignoring!?" My voice was small but authoritative.

Everyone gasped and turned to me. "What did that one say?" Rosalie asked.

I frowned and crossed my little arms. "'That one' wants to be called. . . .Artemis."

Everyone frowned at what I said. For a newborn, I was pretty sassy.

Emmett picked me up and sat me in his lap. "We weren't ignoring you, Artemis. It's just that-"

"It's okay, I understand. She has a defined power and I don't, I get it. But when mine comes don't start to ignore her." I smiled but everyone looked at me awkwardly.

"Dear, we're not sure you'll get a power," Carlisle said, sitting next to Emmett and facing me.

"Yes I will, I feel it, deep inside me. I'll make the water bend, you'll see. And the wind blow, and earth rise, and the flames begin. I'll make it all happen, just wait." I smiled at Carlisle.

He raised his eyebrows and smiled, patting my head. "Let's hope so," he said.

"How come she can talk and Renesmee can't?" Rosalie asked, she frowned at me and I downcast my eyes.

"Who knows, Rosalie, but all will be explained later on. Right now, Bella's back."

With that, a women walked into the room in a tight blue dress. She would have looked like an angel, was it not for her blood red eyes.

Of course, just like everyone else, she noticed Renesmee and not me. She walked up to her and everyone stood defensively around my sister. . . and not me.

"It's alright," my father said. "She's fed."

With that, everyone relaxed a bit and let my mother carry Renesmee. She smiled and cooed at her. Renesmee laughed and put a hand to our mother's cheek, using her power.

Bella gasped and looked to everyone. "Did she do that?"

"She's gifted," Alice responded.

Mother laughed and then finally noticed at me. "Who's that?" She asked, frowning.

My half alive heart dropped. She couldn't recognized her own child.

Emmett pulled me into his chest. "She's your daughter, Bella. Geez, you'd think she'd know." Emmett stood and as he tried to walk away my father gripped his arm.

"Where are you going?" He asked, confused.

"To appreciate my niece."

"Let me hold her!" Bella chimed in.

Emmett turned to her frowning but gave in, seeing as how everyone would turn against him.

He walked me over to my mother as she handed Renesmee to Alice.

Once she looked at me closely she frowned. "She looks nothing like us, Edward." My father came and looked at me over her shoulder.

"You're right. Why is that Carlisle?"

Carlisle shook his head with no response.

"Hmmm. . . Well anyways your going to be named Esmeralda."

"She's already been named," Emmett gritted through his teeth.

"What? By who?" She asked shocked.

"Me," I chimed in.

She gasped, and accidentally let go. I felt my tiny body falling but was quickly caught by strong arms. Emmett.

I started crying. I could have died!

Emmett cradled me into his chest.

Bella scurried to try to hold me again, but Emmett blocked her way.

"Give me my daughter, Emmett!" She yelled.

Emmett growled. "Oh, you mean the one you almost killed? No way!"

Bella growled but Edward put a hand on her shoulder.

Emmett continued. "You guys stick with Mini Bells and I'll stick with Artemis, alright?"

"Emmett!" everyone gasped.

"Emmett, you can't do that!" Bella yelled.

"Yes I can. You guys expected one child, there you have it. I'll take the extra."

"No!"

"Emmett." Edward warned.

I finally found strength to speak up. "I want Emmett to be my daddy."

Everyone gasped and Emmett looked at me with a silly grin.

"What?" Bella and Edward looked crushed, but it was true. So far, Emmett is the only one who really cared about me, and wanted him as my dad.

Edward will always be me father though, but I don't think he can ever be my dad.

After about hours of arguing, Emmett finally won.

Bella simply frowned. "Fine, see if I care." She picked up Nessie and walked away, everyone except me, Emmett, and Carlisle trailing behind.

"Are you sure about this, Emmett?" Carlisle asked.

"Yeah. Besides, I like her mini attitude."

Carlisle smiled and patted Emmett's shoulder before walking away.

Emmett grinned at me and I giggled.

"Welcome to the world, Artemis," he said, and led me outside to a beautiful green forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please consider reading the rewrite c: It goes by the same title, but the story cover is more zoomed out.