25) Wondering In The Woods

Location : Johor, Malaysia

Sender : Mr Saiful

To all, please note that this story of mine isn't as scary but its more to something very mysterious. 

I have a habit of collecting quail birds in the woods with my best friend, Nizam. Its our main hobby. As you know young men like us love adventures. 

This incident happened not long ago, just a few months back. Nizam and i love spending most of our times in the woods whenever we're free just for fun and also to collect birds.

We would leave as early as 7 am and straight away head to the woods on my bike. On this particular day, everything seemed normal. After parking my bike at one corner, we went separate ways to find the quail birds. I went to the left, while Nizam went to the right area of the woods. 

After finding 2 birds, which to me was more than enough, i shouted for Nizam's name. Usually he would respond to me, no matter how deep in the woods he was. But this time, it felt like as if i was all alone there. By this time, we've been in the woods for at least 3 hours. 

I started searching for him. 

"Nizam! Nizam where are you?!"

I went all out searching for him. After an hour and found nothing, i went back to my bike to drink some water and started calling my other friends. Between 10-15 minutes later, 2 other bikes arrived so total there were 4 other friends present, including me 5. We all searched for him again. 

Another 3 hours past and we still haven't found him. In the end, we decided to leave the woods and inform our parents and also Nizam's family about this matter. 

A religious teacher was called and together with him, we went back to the woods to search for him. When he first reached the place, he did read some prayers and then he bend down to pick some sand on the ground and said,

"Nizam, if you are here please show yourself.  We are all here for you. Please help us find you."

He then blew away the sand in front of him and we began the search. There were at least 15 people with me searching for Nizam until about 5.30 pm. But again to no avail. 

The religious teacher told us to go back first and rest because most of us were very tired. He also told us to meet him again around 9 pm to search for Nizam. Not many turned up because this time only the men were allowed to follow on the search. So only about 8 or the most 10 of us continued the search.

It was not easy but we didn't give up hope. It was almost 3 hours into the search when suddenly one of my friends shouted,

"He's here! Nizam is here!"

We heard the news and quickly rushed to the area. We saw Nizam sitting unconsciously under one big tree. 

"Nizam! Hey Nizam!" i called out his name and slapped his cheeks a few times.

Nizam slowly opened his eyes and was shocked to see so many people in front of him.

"Why are there.. so many of you here? Saif..Saiful.. did you get the birds?" he asked.

He totally didn't remember what happened to him. Later at home the religious teacher explained that Nizam had been 'captured' by the 'caretaker' of the woods. In other words the unseen or the supernatural in the woods. The religious teacher also told us to not spend so much time in the woods, no matter what time it is because the unseen in the woods are always watching us.

He added that if we hadn't find Nizam within 24 hours, Nizam would be captured forever in the woods. It was a good thing that something in me triggered to not keep hide the matter and told the truth. In other words, i am glad to have saved my best friend's life. 

This is the most mysterious thing that ever happened to me. Hope its a good lesson for all.

Thank you.