Chapter 5- Daniel

We have started a cast! Woop woop! Picture of Ashling on the side xD

Daniel's POV

I left Hudson and Grace arguing about what movie they would watch. They could never agree on a movie, and Hudson rarely won the argument. Tonight it was between 'Saving Private Ryan' and 'Tangled'. From the sound of it, Hudson wouldn't be seeing Tom Hanks anytime soon.

I drove to a forest that was about five minutes away from my house. I always ran here because there was never anyone else around. It was such a peaceful spot, and in that moment, peace was all that I needed.

I did feel bad to leave Grace taking care of Hudson, even though she said she didn't mind. I owed so much to her; she was always there for us. Thanks to Hudson and me, she barely had a life, yet she never complained.

My cell phone buzzed in my pocket, and when I took it out the name 'Shaun' flashed up at me. However, I didn't really feel like talking to him so I switched off my phone and took out my iPod. Having turned up the volume as far as it would go, I took off full speed into the woods.

The thing about running is that it gives your mind so much to do. Sometimes this can be a good thing- maybe if something really great happened recently, your thoughts would be filled with this event, and you would really enjoy the run. But other times, all running does is give you an opportunity to reminisce about everything that went wrong in your life.

Not much good had happened to me lately, unfortunately. And on this particular run, I began to think of someone who had escaped my thoughts for a long time; Chelsea.

Chelsea was the only real girlfriend I'd ever had. Most girls at school bragged of relationships or one night stands with me, and I never bothered to deny the rumours. I didn't care about any of that high school rumour crap- I know what was important, thanks to Hudson. But if anyone ever bothered to ask me straight out, I would gladly tell them that Chelsea was the only girl I was ever with.

And honestly, I loved her. At least, I thought I did. I didn't really have anything to compare it to. I thought she loved me too... I was kind of embarrassed to admit it, to be honest. I never even said anything to Shaun about it. But anyway, Chelsea apparently didn't care much for me. The last time I had seen her, she was in bed with some other guy at my friend Josh's house party.

I ran until my legs ached and my lungs burned. I didn't want to go any further. All I could think about was Chelsea, and I knew I had to return soon anyway- I had left Grace and Hudson long enough. I turned around and started to run back. As I ran, I turned on my phone to find twelve missed calls and eighteen text messages from Shaun. I didn't bother to look where I was going because I knew the trail so well. But suddenly, I smashed into something so hard that it sent me tumbling. I grabbed onto a branch just before I would've hit the ground.

I looked up to see if I'd hit a tree or something, but instead I found a girl.

She was lying precariously on the edge of a huge, crater-like hole in the ground. Her eyes were shut. The first thing that struck me was how beautiful she was, even unconscious and covered in dirt. Her long black hair was pulled back into a ponytail and her face was pale. As I moved closer I could see blood seeping from a cut on her forehead.

"Shit," I muttered to myself, gently pulling her away from the massive hole. Why didn't I just watch where I was going? Because of me, this poor girl probably had a concussion.

As soon and I let her go, her eyes fluttered and opened before she let out a moan of pain. Her eyes were the prettiest blue eyes I'd ever seen.

The girl's expression turned from one of pain, to confusion, and eventually fear. I stopped in my tracks and bent down beside her. She shied away from me.