XXIII

"So you and Raen yes?"

I furrowed my brows as I looked up at Malakei. We were currently sitting in the grass on the outskirts of the camp, criss-crossed as we both ate our lunch. A simple piece of bread with meat inside it. Malakei had finished chewing and was now looking to me with a raised brow and knowing smirk as I picked at the last of my bread.

"Is this a sex question?" I question quietly with a done look. Baja was outstretched on the grass as she stayed unmoving in the warmth of the sun. I didn't know if she was sleeping or not.

Malakei only licks his lips to keep from smiling as he looks at me, failing miserably to keep the smile from gracing his face.

"You both had sex yes-"

I moan with irritation. Malakei only chuckles at this.

"Why is everyone so obsessed about sex here?"

"Come now-" He continues, shifting forward slightly so that he is right in front of me. "You don't have to be embarrassed. Was he bigger than me? Everyone says yes and Raen is 10 inch but I don't think-"

"Malakei!" I cry out wide eyed and growing more embarrassed and uncomfortable the longer this conversation went on. When would they realise that I had no interest in this sort of thing? Not liking where this conversation is going, I quickly shake my head and go to get up. Malakei's face falls at this and his hand immediately reaches out to grasp my wrist, stopping me from getting up.

"Wait Key, sorry. I not intend to make you upset." I look down at Malakei unimpressed as he sends me a pout. I sigh at this and frown at him.

"We didn't do anything Mal. We're-its not like that. He's my friend."

I say the last part quietly. Ignoring the way my heart pangs when I mention him being my friend. Not knowing why because he was my friend. That's all we were because he liked Mila. We were friends. Nothing more.

Malakei nods slowly at this, his eyes looking upon me curiously as he seems to dwell on something in his mind that may or may not have been troubling him for a while. I sat back down beside him.

"Keylin?"

"Yes?"

"You never have sex before, did you?" Malakei comes to the conclusion and I can't help but freeze up, swallowing visibly as I look up at him. Bow's words ringing in my mind of how no one could know about me being a virgin here because it could be dangerous and if the wrong person knew something bad could happen.

'W-What?" I scoff.

Malakei continues to look at my pale expression, being patient as I fail to reply. Knowing already that he was right about his assumptions. He smiles softly.

"It is okay Key-"

"No, it's not-" I cut him off, gulping in nervousness as I look at him defeated. "You don't understand Mal. I'm 16. If the elves found out I had sex underage... I could be executed Mal." I finish, placing my hands on my knees to keep from trembling.

Malakei is quickly bringing his hand up to place over mine in assurance and I look up at him to see he is frowning. His eyes gentle as he stares at me.

"It is different here Keylin. There is no rule to say you can or can't have sex. Sex is not something to fear. You are Dry Lander now. If you want to have sex now or no, that is your choice Keylin. No one will stop you and if anyone forces you I will cut their dick off-"