13

3 Months Later/(Your Pov)
Today's my babies birthday. I can't believe they're already 16. The years are going by so fast. I've been on Pandora for 20 years already. I don't show my age though cause Avatars and the Na'vi don't really age. We're having a sweet 16 party for (Y/d/n) and (Y/s/n). I know the Na'vi don't celebrate birthdays like humans do but Jake, Norm, Max, Trudy, and I have always thrown all the kids birthday parties. We were so used to our own human traditions that we wanted to do the same for our kids since it was done for us. We had all their favorite fruits collected and meat dishs being made. Jake is making this a huge celebration for the whole clan cause not only is sweet sixteens a human thing but Na'vi have their own traditions for people coming of age. Now they will be able to go on their Iknimays and get their own Ikran while also being an adult member of the clan. In my eyes they won't be adults till they're 18 but now they're gonna be considered adults here. Still not ready for that yet. (Y/d/n) grew into such a beautiful smart girl. She has a lot going for her and I hope she chooses a good mate. I hope it's Ateyo. She's a great hunter and crafter just like Tsu'tey and I and tough like Trudy. (Y/s/n) is smart, a great hunter, and he can cook. He's strong like Tsu'tey but is caring like me. He picked up Jakes strong mental attitude and leadership skills. Him and Grace seem to be hitting it off so I hope they stay together. It seems like just yesterday I was giving birth to them and now they're adults and are gonna have mates and children of their own. Damn kids grow up fast.

(Y/d/n) POV
I woke up and jumped out of my hammock so fast I almost flipped it. Today's a very special day cause it's my sixteenth birthday. I went running to wake up (Y/s/n). I grabbed his shoulders and roughly shook him awake.
"(Y/s/n) wake up! It's our birthday! Come on we're 16!"
He woke up smiling then too jumped out of his hammock. We ran down to the bottom level and found our parents. We ran up to them and hugged both of them.
"Happy Birthday!"
I saw Uncle Jake and the rest of the crew walk over with big smiles on their faces. We hugged every one of them and thanked them when they told us happy birthday. I was talking to Aunt Trudy when I saw Ateyo walk up behind her.
"Hey Aunt Trudy. Can I talk to (Y/d/n)?"
She nodded and said her last happy birthday before walking off leaving only Ateyo and I. He had a big smile on his face and to my surprise hugged me like he hasn't seen me in a while and missed me. Oh how I miss his hugs. I hugged back just as tight and never wanted to let go. The hug lasted a while to my delight and I was sad when he did finally pull away.
"Happy birthday. I can't believe my best friend's 16. You're now considered an adult. Guess you can't hang out with me anymore then."
"I'm always gonna hang out with you. You're my best friend."
He smiled at me before speaking again. How I miss that smile. We've barely spoken in three months.
Anytime I see him I turn and go the other way and if we do end up talking it's just the usual hey and how you doing kind of talk but it never lasts long. We usually end up just going back to whatever we were doing. I've been spending a lot of time in the forest lately. Just running, swimming in lakes I find, hunting, exploring my home. I've been watching the Ikran fly around Hometree every night wondering what mine's gonna look like.
"You coming to the party later?"
"I wouldn't miss my best girls party for the world."
I smiled super big and hugged him again.
"Well I have to go and get ready for later."
"OK. I'll see you later then. Happy birthday once again."
I said thanks then turned and waved as I walked away. I went and grabbed some fruit to eat before walking to the springs near Hometree to take a bath. I bathed then headed back to Hometree and got dressed in a special outfit my mom made me just for today inspired by clothes they wore on Earth. I put on the purple skirt as my mom calls it that goes down to my ankles but is shorter in the front. It was more solid at the top but as it got down to the bottom it became see through. It was very light and airy and so beautiful. I put the top on a crop top as my mom calls it that was purple as well with an intricate design. I was barefoot as usual but I wore a blue and purple beaded necklace my father made me. My mother did my hair for me. She braided some then left the rest down and just brushed it. My brother made me an ankle bracelet that was blue and purple as well so it matched everything else. My brother had on a purple loin cloth to match me and purple and blue necklaces with matching arm bands but he had markings all over his body. I had matching ones to symbolize our entrance into adulthood. On the outside I was calm and collected but on the inside I was screaming with joy. I'm finally gonna be an adult with my own Ikran and my own job and place in the clan and best of all I'm gonna get to choose a mate. A mate. Ateyo. He's my best friend but I love him as more then a friend but I don't think he loves me back like that. Anyways he's two years younger then me and I'd have to wait for him to turn 16 to be able to mate with him but I'd wait for him but then there's Tarya. He loves her right? Or maybe he just likes her. I don't know if he's been spending much time with her since I've been avoiding him but we'll see at the party. I'm gonna spend as much time with him tonight as I can. He's my best friend after all and it wouldn't be my birthday without him.

A/N: I am so sorry to everyone reading this. I know it took me a while and this chapter is really crappy but it's more of a filler chapter just to remind everyone what's going on since it's been so long. I've been busy with school and I had a case of writers block but I promise it won't take no where near as long for the next chapter. The next chapter should be out in a week or two. Thank you to anyone still reading and once again I'm so sorry for the wait. Enjoy.