Eternal || Chapter Sixteen

The teens had come into the upstairs science wing and entered the first open classroom they could find.  Scott shoved a lab chair under the door handle.  They were all quiet as distant growls sounded down the hall.  Allison clamped a hand over her mouth as the alpha passed the classroom.  Annie sent Kat a confused look when he didn't burst through, surely he caught their scents.

          When he was sure the alpha was out of earshot, Scott turned to Jackson, "Jackson, how many people can fit in your car?"

          "Five, if someone squeezes on someone's lap."

          "Five?" Allison sharply asked, "I barely fit in the back."

          "It doesn't matter," Kat said. "There's no getting out without drawing attention."

          "What about this?" Scott suddenly asked, moving across the room to the emergency fire exit door behind the teacher's desk.  Everyone followed him, "This leads to the roof.  We can go down the fire escape to the parking lot in, like, seconds."

          "That's a deadbolt," Stiles informed him, slightly motioning with his hand to the lock.

          "The janitor has a key," Scott said.

          "You mean his body has it," Kat scoffed, shuddering at her words.

          "Scott and I can get it." Annie said, dropping her voice so only Scott, Stiles, and Kat could hear, "We can find him by scent, by blood."

          "Well, gee, that sounds like an incredibly terrible idea.  What else you got?" Stiles shot down the plan as soon as it left Annie's mouth.  Annie glared at him, careful to not let her eyes shift into their alpha-red.

          "I'm getting the key," Scott said, moving through the people around him and heading towards the main door.

          "Are you serious?" Allison asked him when he came face to face with her.

          "Well, it's the best plan." Scott said, "Someone has to get the key if we wanna get out of here."

          "You can't go out there unarmed," Allison insisted.  Scott briefly glanced around the room and picked up the pointer that the teacher had resting against the blackboard.

          "You've got to be shitting me, Scott," Kat growled, glaring at her brother.

          "Well, it's better than nothing," he shot back.

          "There's gotta be something else," Stiles insisted.

          "There is," Lydia spoke, motioning to the chemicals cabinet next to Allison and Scott.

          "What are we gonna do?  Throw acid on him?" Stiles sarcastically spit towards the redhead.

          "No," she impatiently drawled, "Like a fire bomb.  In there is everything you need to make a self-igniting molotov cocktail."

          Stiles didn't believe her, "Self-igniting -- "

          " -- molotov cocktail." Lydia finished, pronouncing each syllable to get her point across.  Everyone stared at her with different expressions. "What?  I read it somewhere."

          Kat resisted the urge to scoff at how she played dumb all the time, even in a life or death situation.

          "We don't have a key for that either." Stiles pointed out.

          Jackson sighed and elbowed the glass window of the cabinet.  Kat nodded, "Looks like we do." With a grunt in her direction, Jackson started hauling out any chemical he could grab and handing them to Lydia.  She set them up on a lab table and started to prepare to make the self-igniting molotov cocktail.