Chapter Ten.

"I think you need to leave," Isabel said once she had fully recovered. She didn't have the emotional strength for all this. All she wanted to do was go to bed.

"What?" Marco asked, his hands falling to his side. He gave her a confused look before he walked out of her apartment, not forgetting to slam the door. She was sure her neighbors would have something to say by tomorrow morning.

Isabel made her way to her room. She placed her purse on the dresser before taking off her shoes. She was going to shower. She was so tired. Marco had drained her emotionally.

********

Sylvia cried as she sat in the waiting room of the hospital. Her son had been in a car crash. She hoped to God he was alright. Antonio was just pacing back and forth. They had been waiting for the doctor since they were called. He wondered what his son was doing.

A lady walked into the waiting room.
"Rodriguez. Family of Marco Rodriguez. " The lady said, reading from the chart that was in her hand.

Antonio helped his wife up before they quickly made their way to the lady.

"We're his parents," Antonio said. He hoped to God Marco was alright.

"Okay. Well good morning. I'm Doctor Diana." The lady greeted as they were in the early hours of Sunday morning.

"Mr. Rodriguez is in very good hands with us here. His injuries are not that serious as it could have been. He suffered a dislocated shoulder that had been put back in place. His body suffered a lot of trauma from the impact so he shut down. He will heal at his own time. "The doctor said, smiling at him.

"Oh yeah. I shouldn't forget. " the lady said, handing a phone to Antonio. "This was found in his pocket. "

Antonio slipped the mobile phone into his pocket.
"So when can we see him?"

"Now if you want. Just go to the nurse standing at the desk. She'll tell his room number. " The doctor said before walking away.

"Sylvia, stop crying. He will be fine you heard the doctor. " Antonio said wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"No! How do you know he will be fine? If anything happens to my Marco, I will never forgive you. Why are you always being so hard on him?" She said before leaving him in the waiting room.

Oh so now it was his fault! Antonio thought as he walked behind her. The boy should have been more responsible.

That was when he felt vibrations in his pocket.

******

Isabel could not get any sleep throughout the night even though she was really tired. She just had this feeling like something was wrong. Like something very bad was about to happen. She already felt bad for telling Marco to leave. He had only he trying to comfort her. So by six am, she picked up her phone to dial his number.

"Hello. " She said once he picked up. She was even surprised he was taking her calls. He had been mad at her when she left.

"Who is this?" Antonio said, angrily. He wondered how his son saved his contacts. He had just saved this caller's name as Her with a heart.