Part II | Breaking Every Paradigm

Breaking Every Paradigm is a blog I authored between Dec 2012 and Sept 2015 on Blogger. For the same reasons as Paradigms Bend, the blog has migrated to my website authoreacarter.net. External links (available only Wattpad's desktop platform) at the bottom of each post will take you to the original posts. These posts are much more philosophical than those of Paradigms Bend, and enquire into some of the deepest questions we face, while offering hope for a better future than the one before us. Two are allegories: 60.11.10.00, and The Sudden Immensity of the Little Muffin.  I have placed them at the front to give readers a taste of the subject matter, and to help them decide if they wish to continue reading further. 

An introduction to Breaking Every Paradigm

Man is tired of being told what to think and what to do, what to eat or whom to trust. He wants to make these choices for himself and he wants to make informed choices. For the first time in his history he has access to vast amounts of collected knowledge and the sharing of information at the touch of a button. If he wishes to find out the truth of matters, he need only turn to the Internet and use his own discernment. No longer may a privileged few hoard knowledge for themselves, manipulating, selling or parcelling out information to the people as they see fit. The Internet is the single most powerful tool for the next stage of human evolution.

One hundred years ago, in 1912, there was no television, no radio, and in-house electricity was a luxury only the wealthy enjoyed. Access to and the sharing of knowledge came from studying at universities (which were attended mainly by wealthy whites) or from being able to read what was available in the local library, though those of the lower classes or non-white races were mainly illiterate in 1912. In only one hundred years (out of the thousands of years of human history), the addition of electricity to our technological evolution provided the foundation for billions to access the largest resource of information ever collated. When one compares the total human 'knowledge wealth' of all the people alive in 1912 to today, we as a collective mind are enormous and powerful. Billions of minds are thinking and questioning, discussing and disseminating everything we were told to accept as fact or as truth for thousands of years.

Within the mind of every single person is the seed of the new age, unlike the previous age which was static and fixed, this age will be fluid and adaptive. Our thoughts and ideas will shape the future of this planet and those others man will eventually inhabit. Despite the damage left to us by the short-sighted greed of a few - damage that nearly made Earth uninhabitable - we will not fail. No longer will we kneel to the fear and control that has been peddled to us for thousands of years. Knowledge is powerful and we are billions. We are powerful.

It is not unreasonable to expect  within our lifetimes we will discover, learn and assimilate knowledge we cannot yet imagine...or leave behind paradigms we once believed were the cornerstone of our existence. Just as the discovery of electricity eventually opened the door of knowledge for all, we will soon discover the next piece of our development - and the next - faster and faster until we become vast resources of knowledge which will intuitively know how to better the planet and ourselves. The age of one person, or group of persons ruling the majority is over, together we are brighter and more creative than any one person or group of persons could ever hope to be.

We, the ones who have been oppressed, starved, beaten, ignored, ridiculed, lied to, humiliated, and deprived of the dignity of a noble and meaningful existence will be the very ones who will found a new age of peace, science and technology. Together we will evolve to create a new heaven and a new earth. 

E A Carter