Aone Takanobu - Tail

AU: Regular

Tags/ Warnings: FEM! Reader, Fluff Requested by MissTrekkie1993

Cause you guys were traumatized after the angst (3rd part was requested btw)

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Aone walked by an adoption centre everyday on his way home. He would look through the glass windows to see various animals barking, meowing, chirping, or whatever they did when a possible owner walked by.

He would see various people and couples walk through the doors and come out with wide smiles on their faces. The windows would be crystal clear with nothing in the way so he could see people pick up animals and hold them in the air.

They were clear until today. In the window hanging next to the doors a large white sign with bold red print read 'HIRING'.

Pausing in the middle of the sidewalk Aone stared at the sign as people walked around his intimidating form. His head tilted and eyebrows furrowed for a minute for walking across the street and into the building.

A woman stood at a large desk along the back of the building. Aone lumbered over and bowed once he stood in front of her

"Oh, Hello. Are you here for the job?"

Standing back straight up, Aone nodded before standing perfectly still.

The woman laughed and placed a piece of paper on the desk in front of him.

"Good. We need the help. My mother got sick and it's not good for her to work now, so it'll be great to have a new set of helping hands." She looked at Aone again and smiled. "You can call me (Manager/Name) my daughter is in the back through those doors, she can give you a run through of the job."

Following (M/N)'s instructions, Aone opened the doors and was met with loud barking, the room was lit from the from the shining sun that came through the window.

A girl sat on her knees in front of a group of dogs before they ran toward the sound of the door slamming closed.

As the dogs began pouncing up his legs, begging for his attention, Aone managed to get a good look at the girl in front of him. She had (H/L) (H/C) that shined from the reflecting light of the sun and (E/C) eyes that were staring at him. She wore a smile on her face that contested with the dark blue shirt she was wearing.

"You must be the new employee we've been looking for. I'm (Y/N), you met my mom inside." Her smile seemed to widen as she spoke and Aone found himself turn red at the sight of it.

"Interesting hair colour you got going on there. Is it dyed?"

No one spoke to him so freely after meeting him before. He stared at her longer, not speaking a word. Noticing the quietness, (Y/N) took a step forward, making the dogs form an opening for her, and raising a hand to place on his shoulder. But the sudden growling from a dog behind her made her stop midway.

Aone flinched back, away from the sound, to look behind (Y/N) at the large dog behind her. Feeling as though he was shrinking in size, his shoulders raised up to his ears as if to protect his neck.

(Y/N) noticed Aone's distress and reached down for a tennis back that had been dropped at her feet. She picked it up and tempted the dog by waving it in the air and calling out to him.

"Fetch!"

Tossing it as far as she could, the dog chased after it as it flew in the distance.

"Quick, get inside." Ushering Aone to the door, she pushed on his back until they both made it safely inside.

"Let's go get some cold water."

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

The next few days went smoothly with (Y/N) explaining the ropes to taking care of the animals.

After cleaning up the dogs that played around in the mud outside. (Y/N) began to change from her uniform, starting from the dirty blue shirt.

A sudden crash of metal stopped her mid-change to look around and find Aone at the door, discarded cat cage at his feet.

"Uh-um." Aone rushed out the door flustered, leaving the cage behind.

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Despite not actually frightening her, Aone only pictures a half-dressed (Y/N) screaming and looking for covers as he barges in uninvited. He thought she was more scared and embarrassed then he was despite her not reacting at all.

And so, over the next two weeks he tried endlessly to make it up to her.

Bowing low whenever they encountered each other, carrying and cleaning up things that he didn't need to, buying goods when they needed it. He gave it his all, but all he was doing was putting (Y/N) out of a job, a family job at that.

"Aone," (Y/N) called.

Aone froze mid-step at (Y/N)'s stern voice.

"Why are you over working yourself? Take a break and let me do my job."

Aone turned around, but once he saw her face he froze again, only think about the incident that happened a couple weeks ago.

"I'm sorry."

Tilting her head with a raised brow did nothing to stop his rosy cheeks from diminishing in colour.

"He speaks. What are you sorry for? When you walked in on me?"

The constant barking, meowing, chirps or whatever sound around them made Aone shrink back into a shell like the turtle next to him.

He nodded and more heat rises to his cheeks. It made his hair look even whiter in contrast.

"Oh, Aone~ you're acting like a dog with his tail between his legs. You don't need to be sorry for that. Not at all."

"But I scared you," he spoke quietly.

"Aone, you did no such thing. You're too adorable for that. Now get back to doing your job, and properly."

At this point there was no chance in hiding the redness of his face, so Aone nodded and rushed back the yard where the dogs were playing.

Laughing (Y/N) made her way back to the bird cages to clean them.

"What a softie."

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Who has Kakao Talk? Cause I like to talk to people and stuff..... Ya

Hope you liked it

Feel free to contact me~~~
(please do, I want attention)

Edited: 17/03/2021

Word Count: 1k+