Chapter Two

Chapter Two:

When the two walked into the door we were immediately pulled away from each other by our friends yelling out the promise of seeing each other later in the day. Since our friendship circles were on opposite ends of the pyramid we didn’t hang out together much inside of school. Skylar hung out with the jocks and I hung out with the band people. It was sad really that two friends couldn’t just hang out with each other even if they were completely different people but to each is their own.

As I looked over at my best friend’s retreating back sparing one last glance I turned to my three best girl friends Toni; AJ; and Christy as they dragged me towards the band hall to tell me who knows what. But the mischievous looks they all held in their eyes had me rethinking on allowing to take ahold of my arms. Finally when we made into the band locker rooms they apparently couldn’t contain their excitement anymore as AJ squealed loudly and kept jumping up and down like a fire cracker on crack. Toni had a cryptic smile on her face while Christy looked a little withheld like she was contemplating something.

I finally got annoyed with them standing there and gave in to what they had to tell. So taking the bait I asked, “What are ya’ll so giddy about?”

Unable to contain her excitement any longer AJ shouted, rather loudly, “JUSTIN IS SINGLE!!!”

My eyes bugged out of their sockets. I couldn’t believe it THE Justin Summers is single. But I shouldn’t be surprised I mean he had a new girl every week and there were those rare moments where a girl would be the lucky one to stay by his side for a month. Me being one of the many girls that was infatuated with him not only by his looks but because of his character- from what I’ve seen he’s really funny and caring and wants everyone to have a smile on their faces that are around him. I mean who wouldn’t want a guy like that? Not to forget he was an A+ in the looks department and that definitely was a bonus.  Unfortunately I had shy girl syndrome where I couldn’t mutter single word to anyone that a really don’t know especially if they intimidate me so that pretty much meant half of the student body consisting of the athletics jocks and cheerleaders. Don’t get me wrong  I had friends in all social circles but that was because they would approach me first with needing help on class work or they truly wanted to get to know me but it was majority of the first thing that got people to get me to open up to them.

Once I finally recovered from the shock I gave my friends a skeptical glance letting them know that the answer to what they were going to say next was a big fat no and that is wasn’t going to happen. But AJ being AJ and not backing down didn’t even blink at the blank look a I gave as she started giving me a pep talk and how this was finally my chance to make myself known to Justin and get noticed on his radar so he would actually look my way and that I might have a slight chance with him if I just got out of my comfort zone for once and took the initiative to talk to him.

After she finished ranting and regained her breathe I looked her square in the eye and said, “Hell no!! that is not going to happen in this life time and there is nothing that you can say or do to make me change my mind and in case you forgot this is STATE YEAR for marching band plus the ONE year that colleges look at I do not have time to even think about a relationship less take the risk to even start one that may fail instantly.” I looked at the defeated look in her eyes but she gave me a slow nod to know that is was not to get involved with any of it and just let things be. Looking at the other two they looked like they agreed with me, and I think that was because they really didn’t like Justin because they thought he was only a player and would break my heart and to them that was just unacceptable plus they had it in their heads I had already found my soul mate but would not tell me who it was but only that I would feel like an idiot when I finally figured it out. Yea that’s really reassuring to hear...NOT!!