✈ xxii.

[ LOCAL TIME 18:53 ]

Sabrina's eyes fill with tears as the flight attendants move through the aisles. As they check to make sure that everyone has their seat belts fastened, I can tell that she wants nothing to do with this, and I don't blame her.

"What if the plane crashes?" She questions.

"The plane isn't going to crash," I mumble, throwing the thought out of my brain. I didn't want to think about a plane crashing, especially this one, as I was currently sitting on one in the middle of a storm on Christmas Eve.

"But what if it does? I mean, it happens every once in a while."

I shake my head. "Put your earbuds back in, and before you know it the turbulence will be past us and everything will feel normal again," I say.

She nods, and places the white earbuds back in her ears and curls into her seat. A large part of me wants to wrap her in my arms, even if it's just to comfort her. But every time I start to get closer to her, I always end up pulling away.

The plane goes through another rough patch of turbulence and sometime in that mess, I accidentally fall into Sabrina and before I can get off of her and mumble an apology, she pulls me closer and doesn't let me go. For a moment, I consider letting go, but even after the turbulence patch is over and everyone is allowed to get up and wander about, she still doesn't let go. Not minutes later, not an hour later, and not until the plane lands on the runway in Boston. She doesn't let go until the plane clears out and we're the only two left, and even then I don't want to lose the contact we established so I grab her hand as we walk down the aisle.

Hello, Boston. We made it. Alive.

[- ✈ -]

They'll lose three hours because they're flying east, so don't get confused with the local time. Also, thank you guys so much for the support. I'm working on getting a few chapters ahead so I can post them to keep this updated. I have finals coming up for my summer EMT class and it's been a mess trying to study, let alone try to update.

Oh, and don't forget to check out my other works :)