Episode 60: The Pegasus's Fury

*Roa*

[Earlier- Over the Kuroki mountains between Kuroriku and Kasai no Ki]

I dashed toward Naoru who quickly rose of the ten-foot deep crater that had formed from his crash-landing. Blood trickled down his right arm and leg.

He raised his left hand and shot a purple energy sphere at me, blowing away the lingering dust around us, but I shot a beam of my own out of my mouth from where I stood. The two energies collided between us, exploding in the form of a pillar of darkness with cyan sparks.

He moved his working hand toward his heart while keeping his palm facing me as I came for another hit. I gasped as I felt his hand clench onto one of my hooves.

"You're fast," I said, backing away quickly.

He smiled slightly as he took a step toward me. "Thanks."

I gasped. His wounds, they were healing at the same speed as an Abyssmal's! The only ones I knew of who could do so, who weren't abyssmals were Rosalba and Yuko.

"You, how is it that you can heal so fast?" I asked.

Naoru grinned as he pointed his sword at me. He appeared behind me, but I kicked him with my back legs. He jumped back, dodging my kicks. "Surprised? My abilities have grown since our fight outside the palace. This is the power given to me by the king himself! The power of destruction and restoration!"

The king? Wait, if Osamu has this kind of ability, why hadn't he given similar powers to the others?

"The knights will soon reach this level of power too. I am merely a guinea pig," he said as he moved around rapidly, forming multiple after-images.

I scoffed. "A guinea pig? So, you've allowed yourself to become a lab rat, is that it?"

"You could say that, but if it grants me the power to achieve my goals then so be it!" he yelled. He came at me from above, kicking my head with his right heel. The ground beneath me gave way as if I were a meteor falling from high in the air.

I unleashed a pulse of lightning into the heavens, causing him to swiftly fly up. The lightning covered the crater around me, attracting the cloud of dust around me inward. I formed a spinning wall of earth out of the dust. I had seen uncle Tekeshi utilize this same technique in the recording of the battle between him and Etsuo's father.

"Impressive, but your earth control pales compared to mine!" Naoru snarled, standing at the rim of the crater. He raised his hand toward me and sent my own spinning tablets of earth crashing inward.

I let out a grunt and reformed the dust into sharp stones, but this time with an electric aura around them. I took a step forward and slammed my hoof on the ground, sending waves of earth at him along with the electrically charged stones.

Naoru jumped, but the stones followed. He stretched both hands out to stop them, but while he managed to stop the stones, the electricity was flung toward him in the form of plasma bullets. He groaned as the bullets pierced through him.

He took a step back. His wounds closed even faster than last time. Swiping the air with his black knife, I turned to dodge the resulting air slash. However though, I winced as blood trickled down my left leg... and the wound, while small wouldn't heal.

"What?" I said, gasping.

Naoru flung himself at me. I ducked and flew into the air. I opened my mouth, gathering energy into it and fired a blue sphere at him. He swiped the air once move, slicing through my energy beam before it could even reach him. The two halves split and went opposite directions. Explosions shook the land as two, new seven-foot deep craters formed behind him.