"He's my...what?!"

Sam Uley

I wasted no time in lunging for the leech once I saw what he was doing.
"Embry, take Shei back to Emily." I told him in the pack link.

"Got it dude" out of the corner of my eye Paul lifted her up by the collar of her sweatshirt and placed her onto Embry's back. I was glad that Paul helped him out because if he didn't then Embry would have to shift, and if he shifted then he would be naked and since there were no clothes around here then he would have had to carry her... oh boy. Embry would have both of his hands cut off by me. At that moment I was harshly shoved back into the tree..

I totally forgot that I was fighting the newborn and was lost in my thoughts.
"Jared, distract it." The leech snarled at Jared when he attacked him from behind. At the moment Jared had his attention.

"Wolves!" He spat with disgust laced in his voice. Your kind isn't exactly appealing either "I've been around for quite a long time and I've heard about you mutts" I growled.

Jared growled as the leech laughed.
"Sounds like a dying walrus." I would've laughed but I was too angered by the annoying leech laughing.

"You wolves took away my dinner."  He sneered at us whilst we both growled even louder at him.  "She smelled deli-" he was cut off when Paul's wolf form attacked him. For a moment, I forgot he was even here.

The leech was thrashing under his wolf and I took position in ripping his head off with my teeth. Ugh. Jared came out from a tree in his boxers. He must have tied it to his leg when he shifted. He quickly lit the leeches body and we all relaxed from 'taking care of' the posing threat.

"Let's head back." I said to Paul
"Yeah, we've all had a night" I nod agreeing with him as Jared looks at us in confusion.

I nod to the direction we came from and he immediately understood what I meant. He quickly shifted and we ran back to the house. 

                         •      •      •

"You're grounded." I tell Shei as she crosses her arms and pouts.
I've spent the couple twenty minutes explaining what happened last night and she was completely shocked.

"Fine!" She spat and I narrowed my eyes at her attitude.

"Why are you acting this way Shei?!" I saw her eyes watering a little by the harsh way that I said it. "I-I'm sorry." I apologized

"No, it's just that .." she paused for a second and continued "why didn't you come for me ?" I stood silent.

"If I had been gone that long .." she looked up at me with glazed eyes "Why didn't come looking for me" her lip trembled "I remember sitting against the tree and looking up at the sky. It was pitch black and you weren't even looking for me." A tear slipped and she quickly wiped it away before I could.

"Shei I-" I didn't even know what to say. I actually was kind of angry at myself. "I'm sorry Shei." She shook her head and stood up.

"You don't care about me, you only took me in cause you felt sorry for me." She tried to leave but I quickly grabbed her shoulder and brought her in a hug.

"I only wanted to give you time to calm down. Believe me when I say I was worried, I was going crazy. My mind never stopped thinking about you, and I didn't take you in cause I felt sorry for you. I took you in cause you're my sister, and I love you." I felt her hug me back as she cried into my shirt.

"I love you too Samantha." She mumbled into my chest and I smiled.

Our cryfest ended too soon as the boys entered the house whooping and hollering for food. I rolled my eyes.  Of course.

"Hello my lovely siblings." Embry called out to us with a smirk. I look down to see shei frowning in confusion.

"What?" She questions. Embry smirks and I mentally rolled my eyes. He's such an idiot.

"Haven't you heard Sheilana? I'm your big brother embrehhh." He's such a dumbass. Shei's expression didn't even change for a second. He frowned

"I'm your brother." He told her. Shei gasped.

"He's my...what?!" She yelled out. Embry smirked and nodded.

"Yep, now you'll have to listen to me since I'm older than you." Shei nods and listens intently. "You will need to follow me since you clearly need protecting." I guess he hasn't seen what shei truly is

"Of course big brother." Shei nods in approval. Embry smiles contently

"And you'll need to give me your car so I can drive us both to school." At that moment shei snorts and I have to hold in my laugh.

"You wish." She says to him as she goes to grab a muffin from Emily. Embry's jaw dropped when she crossed her eyes and stuck her tongue out. That looked adorable.

"H-how can you disrespect your older brother." He asked in disbelief. Shei snorts once again and I let out a chuckle. It sounds so cute

"You're not my brother, Sam is." She simply says with a shrug. Embry looks at her in disbelief.

"So you were just faking it?! You thought, I thought that i was your brother." He says with a frown. I blink my eyes three times and sigh at his stupidity.

"You mean, you thought that I thought that you were my brother ?" Shei questions. Embry looks at her with a dumb expression.

"Isn't that what I said?" He's so stupid.. I can't even.

"Embry, you might be our brother." I tell him. Shei looks at me with questioning eyes.

"What are you saying?" I groan and run my hand over my face. I'm so tired.

"I mean that there's a chance that Embry could be our brother. Our dad could have had him with another woman." I try to explain. "It's either our dad, Quil Ateara IV, or Billy Black." I say to them both. Paul snorts.

"Your mom got around eh." He snickers. Embry growls at him. Shei glares at Paul and he shuts up.

"Uhm.. ok" Shei says.

Embry smiles at her and swings an arm around her shoulder.  "Let's go take a walk little sis. I wanna get to know you." He says as he starts leading her outside the house.

Has he even paid attention to what I just said ?

                    •                •               •