EIGHT

"Who." That was the first thing that came to mind, who. Who had knocked up the perfect Polly Cooper, and more importantly which Serpent.
Polly pulled her bottom lip into her mouth, biting down on it nervously.
"His name is Parker. Parker DeSantos," she mumbled sheepishly.
"Oh my god," I muttered, blanching, "Pretty Parker knocked you up? Damn, Joa is gonna love this," I laughed, pursing my lips to stop myself. Polly looked up at me with wide eyes.
"You know him?" She asked frantically.
I nodded my head. "Honey, I'm pretty high up in the social ladder of the Serpents. I know everyone," I said.
"You can't tell him!"
"He doesn't know?" Jason asked disbelieving. Polly looked down, picking at the booth seat shamefully.
"Polly," I called softly, waiting until she looked up at me, "honey, why aren't you going to tell him it's his?"
"Because it was just a hook up, nothing more, and I'm scared. What if I did tell him, and he completely denies that it's his? Or that I was an idiot for even thinking he cared?" Polly said, her eyes growing misty as she conjured up more possibilities. I took ahold of her hand that was resting on the table, looking her right in the eyes.
"Polly, I know Parker, and I know that he wouldn't do any of those things. I know that he'd be fucking ecstatic, and that if you really wanted to leave, he'd go with you," I paused, looking back at Jason before turning back to the Cooper girl, "okay?"
"Are you sure?" Polly asked, a defeated look upon her face. I nodded, stopping myself from answering as Pop Tate approached us and set my food down in front of me. I turned away from Polly, giving him a closed mouth smile.
"Thanks, Pop," I muttered, waiting till he left us to speak.
"Yes, I'm sure," I said, turning back to Polly, "you have to tell him Polly, he deserves to know."
"I know, it's just-"
"Polly, there's nothing to it other than he deserves to know," Jason said, speaking up for the first time in awhile. I took a bite of my burger, noticing that Polly was no longer calm. The girl was clearly upset, and she got up quickly. Jason stood up also, trying to stop her from leaving.

But Polly paid no mind to Jason, and hurried out of the diner, tears rolling down her cheeks in despair

JayJay turned back to me, clearly confused and worried.
"We need to follow her," he said, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the booth while grabbing my phone and keys from the table. I pouted, trying to go back for my burger.
Jason saw and rolled his eyes, picking up the plate and throwing a twenty on the table before dragging me out of the diner.
He pulled me over to his car and unlocked it, opening the door for me and waiting till I got in to hand me my things.
"But my car-"
"Just leave it, we'll come back after," he said, shushing me. I pouted once more while looking at my black impala sadly, munching on a fry.
Jason got into the driver seat before peeling out of the parking lot, following after Polly Cooper who was running down the road.

We had finally convinced Polly to be rational and tell Parker that, to put it simply, he'd knocked her up.
The pregnant blonde was seated in the backseat of Jason's cherry red convertible as Jason drove it down the road, myself in the passenger seat. We were making our way to the DeSantos residence, which was thirty minutes from Pop's Shoppe.
"Are-are you sure this is the best choice? I mean, I can still just leave Riverdale and save Parker the trouble. It's not like not knowing would change anything..."
"Polly Cooper do you hear yourself right now?" I questioned, turning back in my seat to look at the blonde. "Parker deserves to know. Period. There's no running from this, not any more. We are going to his apartment, and you are telling him."
"But-"
"Polly! Stop over thinking okay? You were just saying that you couldn't imagine your child growing up without a father, yet you continue to question telling the father! Get over yourself, grow some lady balls, and tell him!" I lectured her, noticing that Jason had pulled into a parking space in front of Parker's home.
I turned back around, opening the door and stepping out, waiting for Polly to get out as well before snapping the door shut.
Wasting no time, the three of us made our way into the apartment building, stopping in front of apartment number forty-three.
I knocked three times, stepping back to stand with Polly and Jason. The door opened to reveal a shirtless Joaquin, who had clearly just woken up.
"Joa, babe is Park here?" I asked, giving him a hug before inviting myself into the small apartment.
"Yea, he's in his room, Mad. Just go on back," Joaquin said, looking at the blonde and redhead suspiciously.
I led the way to the older DeSantos' room, knocking on the cherrywood door before pushing it open.
"Pretty Parker! Guess who's here?" I said, grinning at the high boy.