together forever

Michael pov:

we just finished wrapping the last of the Christmas presents whilst the children was outside and then 3t arrived to get some help with making their new album. 

"emily can you help with album artwork please?"

"of course I can, what do you have planned?" emily smiled

"photo of us 3 and then the background is just a load of drawings"

"ok"

"thanks"

after about an hour carl came in and said a family member of emily's is here.

"must be kyle or kayleigh cause mia is isn't home until monday"

"ok let him in" then carl nodded and left, a few minutes later there was a knock at the door I went to answer and it wasn't kyle or kayleigh I stood there staring at this old man whilst he was staring at me why is he here after all these years he just decides to show up. "michael who is it?" emily came and held my hand then she seen the man her eyes went wide and then she fainted, I carried her to the sofa and tj got her some water and a few minutes later she woke up. "michael" I moved some strands of hair out of her face "it's ok, you just fainted"

"is he still here?"

"he's with taryll in the dining room" she sits up and looks at me "do you want me to get him to leave?"

"no I wanna know why he's decided to show up" she then stands up and holds her hands out "please stay by me"

I hold her hands and get up "of course I'll stay by you"

emily pov:

we get to in the dining room and he's sat there with taryll and taj in silence.  me and michael take a seat.

"you want us to go?" taryll and taj asked

"no you can stay if you want, there's nothing you don't already know" they nod and michael holds my hand. "so what are you doing here?" I asked dad

"to say sorry, and hope you and lilly can forgive me and we can move on with the future"

"well first of all I want answers"

"I'll answer everything you want answered"

"why did you leave?"

"I left because I found someone else"

"then why didn't you do what most people would do and that is to split up but stay in contact with their kids"

"I tried that but she wouldn't accept it and just blocked me out so the only other option was to just leave"

"so why didn't you tell us or stayed in contact with us?"

"I tried but your mother changed the number"

"you never replied our calls or texts"

"I'm sorry I wanted to but I just couldn't I kept backing out"

"well as a result of you not being a man I went through hell"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know"

"of course you didn't cause you never tried to stay in contact with me to know"

"what did you go through?"

I held michael's hand a little tighter and he rubbed his thumb on my hand to let me know he was here, I took a deep breath and I managed to answer.  "after you left she turned to drink and drugs,  she used to abuse us and make us feel worthless especially me. that expensive guitar you got me for my 9th birthday I had to sell because she spent all the money on drugs and drink so she got into debt and it was either sell the guitar and some other things or get even more in debt and get kicked out."