Chapter 2

*6 years later* (so Niall's 20 now in case you were confused)

"There are frozen peas in the freezer and leftover-"

"Zayn, mate I know how to care for a toddler. I used to be one remember?" Niall tried to calm his nervous friend.

"Yeah yeah whatever, but if you kill my son I will have your head in one of those beautiful jars on the counter top yeah?" Zayn smiled, while pointing at the kitchen countertops.

"Well I'll admit they are some fancy ass jars" Niall rolled his eyes while looking down at Darren, Zayn's three year old son.

"Hey! No cursing in front of Darren" Zayn scolded while smacking the back of Niall's head loudly.

"Ow! Just leave already will ya!? We'll be fine. I promise" Niall insisted while picking up a giggling toddler.

Darren had dark chocolate eyes just like Zayn. His cherry blonde hair colour on the other hand came from his pathetic excuse of a mother.

Several years earlier Zayn had met, what he thought to be the girl of his dreams at a club. Long story short, she got the D and he got the kid. She wanted nothing to do with Darren so she left him with Zayn.

"Ok bye bub" Zayn said kissing the top of Darren's head.

"Babye dada!" Darren yelled happily while wrapping his small arms around Niall's neck. Zayn waved one more time before leaving the house.

"Ok Darren what are we going to do?" Niall asked setting him down on the carpet.

"Play hide and seek!" Darren clapped his hands giving Niall a happy grin.

"Good idea! Does daddy play hide and seek with you?" Niall enquired, almost immediately Darren lost his smile. His face turned in confusion.

"Nooo. Loueh play hide and seek with me" He said, regaining his smile.

Niall's eyes widened. The name seemed so familiar to him. "W-Who?"

"LOUEH! Niall can't hear me? I BE LOUD-"

"Shhh shh no, I heard you.." Niall held his hand on Darren's mouth shutting him up. "Does your daddy know about this umm.. Louis?"

"No. Daddy can't see Loueh. I dunno why" Darren spoke sadly.

"Ahh" Niall realised, "Louis is your imaginary friend yeah?"

"Eh.. Yes?"

Niall smiled, guessing it was a game Darren was playing. He placed his hand on his forehead and squinted his eyes pretending to look off into the distance. "Well maybe I can see him. Where is he?"

"He's not here yet. I'll call him" Darren got up and walked to his room. Leaving a giggling Niall behind. To him this was just a game the toddler was fond of playing.

"Zayn what're you teaching this boy.." He whispered to himself still waiting for Darren to reappear.

Meanwhile Louis was sitting in Darren's closet unaware of the situation outside. Several years after disappearing from Niall's life. Louis had been assigned to a new child. Darren Malik. The son of a twenty year old tattoo artist. It had taken him a while to warm up to Darren since he was still torn over Niall.

The closet door suddenly swung open, and there stood Darren smiling widely.

"Hey Darren, did your baby sitter get boring?" Louis chuckled.

"No... Niall say he can see you" Louis chocked on his imaginary spit.

"W-Who?" He gasped out in between coughs.