Chapter XIV

Chuuya looked at his reflection in the mirror, bruises everywhere, he looked down at his left hand, blood dripping from the other's knife. There is no way he could let his mother see him in this state, he promised her long ago that he would never get into a fight again. Furtunately for him, she called to say that she wouldn't comeback till next day evening.

He wrapped bandages around his injured hand and tried his best to take care of his bruises. He looked back at the mirror :"The bitch would be more than pleased if she saw me in this state ..." he sighed and layed on his bed tiredly :"At least i made sure they would never comeback ..." he closed his eyes and tried to think about something else, but the only thing he could think of was the image of him fighting beside his friends back when he was in France, those really weren't good memories for him especially when he remembers how it ended. He tried to lay on his side but it hurt too much so he just went to lay on his back. He suddenly heared his phone ringing and remembered about talking each day with Dazai.

No way he could answer now, especially when he saw that it was a video call. He didn't want the other to get worried for him. He just waited till the ringing ended and texted Dazai that he couldn't talk for now then turned off his phone because he knew the brunet would just insist even more.

Not like he could ever sleep all the night because of feeling hurt everywhere in his body. He thought he was used but the time he spent in Japan really made him a softie.

The next day, he just opted to rest at home and think of what he would tell his mother when she comes back.

It was past 4 p.m when he got up tiredly and noticed his turned off phone. He turned it on to find more than 20 vocal messages and 50 unread texts from Dazai. He heared all of them then sighed, he wanted not to worry him but it just made the opposite effect. Next, he went to read the texts, the two last ones caught his attention, one was just an adress while the last one was "I need your help" and they were sent 10 minutes ago.

The worst scenarios crossed Chuuya's mind, he directly tried to call him but the other wouldn't answer. Now, he really was worried, he didn't wait another second to dress up and go out.

He spent more than 20 minutes to find the location. He was so confused to find himself in the middle of the road with people all around him and there was no sight of Dazai. He called again and again but no answer, he looked for the other but he wasn't there. He ended up sitting on a bench there, he didn't know what to do anymore. Maybe he should just go to the school and tell Oda-sensei, but then everyone would see him ... "this isn't the time to think about useless details !!" He told himself.

He got up and prepared himself to go till he felt someone's hand on his shoulder. He instently turned back to find no other than ... Dazai himself.

"Where were you ?? What happened ?? Are you fine ??? " Chuuya wouldn't stop if it wasn't Dazai who had to yell a "I'm fine Chuuya !"

Chuuya's expression changed from worried to confused :"What do you mean by you're fine ? Are you sure nothing happened ?"

"Yeah" Dazai smiled :"Look, i'm super fine.  Nothing happened, okay~"

"Then ..." Chuuya blinked, he didn't know what's going on :"Why did you send those texts ?"

"Because ..." Dazai used his annoyed tone :"... if i didn't do so you would never show up right ? Besides ..." he smirked :"... this is my revenge for letting me be super worried and not answering my calls and texts !!"

"What ??!!!!" Chuuya couldn't believe him :"Do you realize how much i was worried ??!!! Or let me guess : You fucking don't !!!!" He directly turned to go back home :"I'm going !"