chapter 1

"Haley! Come on get ready! You have to meet the Dallas family today!" my mother called from upstairs.

I groaned and rolled out of my bed, straight onto the floor. what a great way to start this day. I sat up and grabbed my phone, texting my two best friends, Chloe and Matt.

Me: hey guys. I can't hang tonight, I have to go meet the Dallas family :(

I waited for one of them to respond, when I got a text from Matt.

Matt: maybe we can hang a little before?

me: yeah come over in 20. where's Chloe?

Matt: she's going to the beach today

me: okay. see you in a bit :)

I locked my phone and put it on my dresser. I stood up slowly, mornings were not my thing. I shook my hands through my wavy brown hair, which I was thankful for. I actually liked my beach like waves. I was getting bored of my hair though, so there's blonde ombré at the ends of it.

I walked to the bathroom, but of course my brother was in there.

"Dylan! Hurry up!" I yelled, pounding on the door.

"SHUT UP!" he yelled back. I rolled my eyes and decided to get dressed first.

I grabbed white shorts and a black crop top with sun flowers on it. Finally, I heard Dylan leaving the bathroom.

"you take too long," I told him.

"this hair doesn't happen itself," he said, running his fingers through his hair. Typical 17 year old.

Yeah he's 17 like me. yes. I have a twin brother. lord help me.

I walked Into the bathroom and brushed my teeth, washed my face, and applied my make up. I put some concealer on and some blush, then I lined my blue/green eyes with brown eyeliner, and put some mascara on. I finished it with some lipgloss. by the time I finished, I saw Matt climb up the driveway, so I raced down to the door to get it.

"MOM MATT IS HERE," I called as I opened the door. my family loved Matt, and they knew they could trust him with me. nothing romantic would ever go on with us.

"Hey," I said as I opened the door, finding his tall figure standing there. he had blonde hair that stood up in the front, and brown eyes. he was very tall, he probably had a foot on me, making him about 6'1".

"ayeeeee Haley," he laughed entering the house and slipping his shoes off, he never failed to make me smile.

we walked into the kitchen and he sat at the counter while I walked into the pantry to get bread and make toast for myself.

"you want anything?" I asked him, digging through the pantry trying to find that damn bag of bread.

"hit me with a juice box please?" he asked me.

"you child," I laughed. I finally found the bread, and popped two pieces into the toaster. I padded over to the fridge and grabbed him an apple juice box, and threw it at him, which he successfully caught. he ripped the straw off the side, crashed it against the counter like he taught me when we were little so the straw would tear the plastic open, and stuck the straw in the hole.

"so what's up?" he asked, casually sipping his juice box.

"I have to go to the Dallas's tonight. lord help me, there's a boy there my age who will probably hate me," I whined, collapsing my upper body over the counter and folding my arms under my head.

"There there little Haley, it won't be that bad," Matt said in the bet British accent he could muster while patting my head. I laughed and sat up.

"shut up Matt," I laughed.

I then heard a loud ding, causing me to jump and scream.

"freaking toaster," I mumbled as I walked over to the toaster to get my breakfast as Matt laughed his head off.

"that's not funny," I told him as seriously as I could.

"Whatever you say," he continued laughing.

I grabbed a plate and put the two pieces of toast on it, also grabbing butter from the fridge and taking a seat across from Matt, when Dylan decided to show up.

"Haley make me something to eat I'm hungry, oh hey Matt," he added and walked over to him slapping his hand. Matt and my brother were friends, but I wouldn't say best friends.

"Where's Chloe? she's hot," my brother casually said as he walked over to the fridge, causing Matt to choke on his juice and me to choke on my toast.

"what the hell?!" I yelled at him.

"yeah she's hot. I'm gonna ask her to prom I think," he told me smiling.

"you will not! and this school year didn't even start yet, and you're already thinking about prom? it's like the end of June, we literally turn 18 in a month." I told him.

"I can do whatever I want, and I'll ask her to prom this year," he informed us and walked up to his room with a banana in his hand.

"oh and see ya Matt," he told Matt. Matt nodded and got back to his juice box.

"oh my god I can't even take him sometimes." I told Matt, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"well I mean if you think about it she would probably say yes. Every girl wants to go out with your brother and you know that," he told me.

I did know that. Every one thought my brother was gorgeous. he was popular and everyone loved him. and just because I was his twin sister, people considered me to be popular, which I didn't even care about and just ignored it. Some of my brother's friends were cool I guess.

Except Charlie. I dated Charlie last year, until he cheated on me with some girl named Brianna. I literally cried for days, and my brother ended up giving him a black eye and broken nose, so I guess it was okay.

Next down the steps came my Mom, followed by my Dad.

"Haley make sure you do your laundry today before we go. Oh and hello Matt," she added smiling at him. my whole family loved him.

"Hi Anne. how are you?" Matt asked my mom. my mom literally makes him call her by her first name.

"I'm well sweet heart. I have to go do some work in the office, and Haley don't forget to do the laundry!" she added, trotting into the office.

"Hey Haley, Hey Matt," my dad said, patting Matt on the back, and Matt responded saying hi to my dad.

"what is this a family parade?" I asked.

"if thats what you want it to be," my dad told me.

My dad is a surfer. Since we live in California, he has easy access to the ocean. He's a simple guy really, and sometimes he takes Matt surfing with him, which is really weird to me. but he's kind of like family.

"I'm really glad the Dallas's moved here, you're gonna love them Haley," my dad told me and walked outside to read his paper with a glass of orange juice.

"kill me," I told Matt, which he laughed at.

"come on it won't be that bad. but I gotta run, I have to babysit my little sister. have fun later," Matt said. He said bye to my family and then to me before he left. I sat down after he left and watched Netflix which seemed to take up most of my time. slowly, I started to drift away to sleep.

-----

A/N okay so this is the new storyyyyyy :) I hope you guys like it, I think you will! I know this chapter is kind of boring but I was introducing the characters. Thanks for reading, I love you guys!