9

After hours of Danny's begging, I couldn't stand it any longer. I agreed to meet with him to talk, but I'm mainly going to the house to get more of my things.

I get there and go inside, Danny runs down the stairs and tries to bear hug me, but I quickly put my arm out, "don't." I mutter.
He looks at me with sad eyes, "Jennifer.."

"What? What do you want? You want me to act all sad and tell you I miss you?!" I laugh and fold my arms over my chest and walk upstairs.

He rambles as he follows behind me, "I love you, Jen. That- that was nothing to me." He lies.

"Nothing, huh? Look me square in the eye and tell me how long." I demand.

He swallows and sighs, "maybe... four years?" He says quietly.

My mouth drops. Four? "You've been cheating on me for that long? Wow, you really are pathetic." I laugh and throw some of my t-shirts into a bag.

"Jen!" He says and grabs my arm.

"Get off." I hiss and shake my head.

"Where are you staying?"

"That doesn't concern you, Danny. I'm done. This is over and there is no fixing it." I assure him.

"I tried to make it stop, Jen. That girl... it wasn't supposed to last. That's why I wanted to have a baby. I wanted to make things with you my priority." He says, trying to give an explanation.

I don't know in what part of his sick and twisted head having a whole entire baby made sense in. "I'm so glad I didn't bring a child into this world with you. You would've made a great dad... cheating and lying and all..." I say, sarcastically.

He stays quiet for a moment and I zip up my bag. "I'm leaving. Do not call me again." I hiss and walk away.

He follows me all the way to my car, begging me to stay.

I laugh and speed out of the driveway, headed back to Leah. I reach the house and park in the garage so that my car is hidden. Just in case Danny decides to come by...

I walk inside and go to the guest room to put my new bag of clothes down and then I hear Leah yelling for me.

I walk out to the living room and see her standing there in her bikini holding a bottle of Smirnoff and a small matte black box. "What are you doing?" I laugh and she shrugs her shoulders and walks to me.

"Here, I got you something." She says. I look at her funny and take the box and open it slowly.

I was expecting something funny... a joke. But I see a pair of Versace sunglasses looking up at me. "Oh my god, are you crazy? I'm not- what?" I laugh and close the box. "What are these?"

"They're for you... you deserve something after the past few days you've had!" She says.

"Leah, this is sweet. I just- I can't." I say and shake my head.

In this moment I get worried about Leah and her having feelings for me. "Leah, I don't want you to-" I stop myself. Don't do that Jennifer, you're setting yourself up for embarrassment.

"What?"

"Take them." I say and shake my head.

"You're taking them." She insists and pushes the box to my chest. I hesitantly accept the gift and shake my head, "I can't with you." I laugh.

She winks and walks back outside to the pool.

I join Leah by the pool and we have a few drinks and talk about life. She asks about her brother... I tell her what went down and how he is a total idiot.

"When will your parents be back?"

"Tomorrow." She says and sits up.

"Shit. I need to find a place to go. I'll call my little sister. She just moved into an apartment." I say and take a deep breath. "This is the most stressful thing I've dealt with in a while." I admit and laugh a little bit.

"You're handling it pretty well, I think!" She tells me.

I nod and shrug. She's right, this could be a lot worse for me.

* * *

Hours later we are inside the house laying on opposite ends of the couch watching a movie. I'm laying with my knees bent and a blanket over them, so I can't really see Leah.

I sigh and lay my knees down and she laughs at me, "bored already?" She teases.

I sit up and shake my head, "what's that supposed to mean? I'm hard to entertain?" I laugh.

She slowly sits up and shakes her head no, "that isn't what I was implying, but you said it..." she continues to mess with me.

After a short pause she puts her hand on my wrist, "you gonna be okay?"

"I'll be okay." I whisper.

"Good, I don't want you to waste your time being sad over my dickhead brother..." she rolls her eyes.

"I won't. I made it clear I was done today too... it's just gonna take me a second to get used to being alone and not having someone to cuddle with at night. It's a big change for me.. it's been years." I explain.

She nods and sighs, "it'll be easier than you think to get through it."

Leah kinda stares at my face for a second and I smile a little, "what?" I giggle and she shakes her head at me and bites her lip. Uh oh.

She leans in towards me and softly kisses me. I kiss her back for half a second, just a little peck, and then I put my hand on her shoulder. "Leah..."

"I'm sorry. That's my fault, I shouldn't have." She says and backs off immediately.

I look at her and bite my lip. "I just- I'm not- yeah." I stutter. Awkward.

She nods, understanding what I'm trying to tell her and I force a smile. "I think it's time for bed. Thank you for everything." I tell her and grab her hand.

"You're welcome, Jennifer." She says.

I walk away and drop her hand as I go.

I'm not necessarily surprised she kissed me, but I couldn't just let it happen. I'm not mad she kissed me either. Like I said, it was sort of expected...

I've never actually dated a girl, but I'm not against the idea. Not that I will be dating Leah... that would be weird and very messy. But maybe dabbling in the women-pool of dating wouldn't be a bad thing for me.