❄ Epilogue

Epilogue

N.B- Bold and italic words are Clyde's thoughts. Just Italic words are Noel's.

~*~

            According to Elsa, the only time Clyde’s ever thought about renouncing his responsibility to live down in earth was last year. Even though he loved the girl very much, he loved his people- the smiles he gave kids, the hope he gave to a small town, the people that made Christmas possible….

            He loved both the girl and his responsibility and in true Clyde fashion, he was determined to have both in his life-no matter how long he had to wait.

            So even though he decided to stay and watch the girl from afar, he never stopped believing that sometime in the future, they would meet again.

             He would make sure of it.

~*~

            Noel POV-

            I race through the thicket of trees, inhaling a shaky breath from the sharp cold.

            My heart pounds frantically, the fleeting image of icy eyes and raven hair clinging to my memory as I find myself running towards the only thing that’s been on my mind since last year.

            Colder….

            His voice is the faintest of whispers running through my mind, his deep timbre tone pulling at the strings of my memory.

            Turning around to run the other way, I scan the trees surrounding me, no inkling of Clyde lurking around.

            Slightly warmer…

            I can almost hear his sly laughter, the amusement clear in his eyes.

            Swallowing hard,  I head to the left, unsure of whether this was the right way.

            Warm. Like luke warm milk warm…

            You’re lactose-intolerant dummy, remember? I think to myself, knowing he’ll hear me. he always does.

            It was freezing.

            I guess it slipped my mind. You’re getting colder by the way.

            Somewhere in the back of my mind, I see the fleeting image of Clyde lazily leaning against a tree- thougherly amused by this game of hide and seek.

            Halting, I stop short, scanning the area. Everything looked the same in the dark.

            We haven’t seen each other in a year, don’t you think you should give me a hint? I think wryly.

            Mhm, you’re right. Alrighty, here’s a pity clue- take three steps forward then go right.

            Smiling to myself, I take three steps forward, turning to the right.

            All the trees were dead, the white cover of snow lying thick on their branches. I was surrounded by trees and they were making a pathetic land mark for which direction is should take.