Happy?

When I woke up, Adam wasn't beside me. I got up to go see where he was at when I saw a note on the nightstand.

"Goodmorning babe. Just going out to go grocery shopping cause I know how picky you are about having a full cupboard. I'll be back in about an hour."

His hand writing was sloppy and beside the note was a broken pencil. What the hell was he doing? He never goes grocery shopping, only with me. This may sound stupid, but he never knows what he is supposed to get.

I took the note out to the kitchen when I saw that everything was trashed. There was broken glass in the counter and floor. All the the cabinets were open, like he was looking for something. And to top it all off, there were splotches of blood on the pieces of broken glass and plates.

What the fuck happened?

All of a sudden, my head started pounding and I heard a ringing in my ears. My heart was beating out of my chest. Is Adam okay? Is this his blood? Where did he really go? Is this possibly all just a dream?

I picked up a piece of broken glass and sliced my arm just a little, blood came out and I felt the pain.

This isn't a dream.

I grabbed the phone and tried to call Brad, but I couldn't concentrate enough to dial the right number. After trying several times, I gave up. My hands were shaky, I couldn't process what I saw.

I sat down on the couch for a little while, trying to calm down so I could call someone.

And finally, I grabbe the phone, dialed Brad's number, and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" he picked up.

"Uh-uh, B-Brad?"

"Yeah? What's wrong Ariel?" he sounded concerned.

"I-I don't know what's wrong. I-it's Adam. D-Do you know w-where he is?" my voice was shakier than I thought.

"I don't know. Did he leave? Do you need us to come down there?" us?

"Mhm."

"Okay, we'll be right there." I hung up and sat there waiting.

I decided to listen to music so I could calm the fuck down. I pressed play on he CD player. I had no idea what CD it was and I didn't care.

The first song that played was Headstrong by Trapt. I don't want want to listen to this while I am trying to calm down. After Headstrog, it was Last Resort by Papa Roach. So I guess it's a mix CD. But I don't want to listen to this kind I music right now.!

After skipping about five songs, a familiar song came on.

It was Now Or Never by none other than Three Days Grace. I decided not to skip it because I just needs to listen to Adam's voice. His voice sounded so much softer than it does now. I've heard that drugs can do that I some people. It killed me inside to know what it's done to him, mentally and physically.

Just then, i realized why he left. He wanted more. Right now I can only hope to god he was okay.

At that moment, Brad, Neil and Barry came in through the front door.

"Ariel. What happened? Where's Adam?" Neil took I what he saw. Just as I did, for a second time. He had trashed the place. Looking for his Oxy.

"Oh Fuck. Oh fuck." I paused to find other words. "Do you know where you can get some OxyContin?" I pleaded. Where the hell do we go to look for him.

"Like, the drug. I think the only way to get it is from the pharmacy......why?"

"Let's just...let's just look for him." I hurried outside to find the car was still in the driveway. So wherever he went, he went on foot.

"Wait, Ariel. He didn't say where he was going? Have you tried calling him? Did he make this mess?" Barry was just as nervous as I me.

"Yes, he made this mess, he left a note but he didn't say where he was going. An I haven't tried calling him." I wanted to tell them that he is in a dangerous position considering he was going through withdrawals.

"Where's the note?" I handed him the moist slip of paper I had kept in my pocket. Neil inspected it with squinted eyes. He sighed.

"Ariel, why did you ask about OxyContin?" he had a sympathetic look on his face as I debated on telling him the truth or not.

After a while of pondering, I finally decided that Adam had taken it too far this time. He needed help

"I asked about it......because he is...." I couldn't find myself to face the harsh reality of what was happening. "Adam is addicted to them....." I look up to see Neil shaking his head.

"I'm a fucktard. I knew it! I knew something was up. I saw him taking some pills. I didn't know what they were for, so I just pushed it aside. And I forgot to ask about it later." Neil admitted.

I don't know when it happened exactly, but my eyes had formed tears from all of the confusion and uncertainty. As soon as I noticed, I faced away from the scene. I tried to contain the salty liquid but a few tears had managed to escape.

"Ariel.....look at me." Neil's tone was sweet yet assertive.

He looked down into my eyes, searching for words."Adam is going to be okay. I promise. We aren't going to let Adam get hurt." I hung onto those words, for I was the one telling people I was going to keep him safe, but at this point, I don't know what else I can do.

"Thank you."

"Do you want to call him?" he asked, finding my eyes once more.

"Yes." I don't know what to expect, but I am damn sure i need to talk to him.

Brad got out his phone and dialed Adams number, it rung five times before someone answered.

"What?" the raspy voice demanded.

"Adam?"

"Yeah." he said. "Wait.....Ariel." his voice sobered up some after saying my name.

"Y...yeah. It's me. Adam where the fuck are you?" now that I new he was alive, I could question him.

"In the bathroom......Ariel, I need help." I knew why he was in the bathroom. It was the safest place to go to take them. At least he was responsible enough to do that.

"Where are you?"

"In a convineant store.....Ariel....I need help. I need help." and with that.

And with that, the phone went silent.