The Walk Home

After the lunch incident, I avoided eye contact Cody. Riley, his girlfriend, asked me if I was okay, which I wasn't expecting.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just don't know what happened. Sometimes I lose control of my emotions."

Riley responded by saying, "Don't worry about it. It happens to everyone."

I went over to my locker to get my bookbag that was much lighter than when I entered school today. I left the first day of school with only the teachers knowing my name, except Mr. Schleightelsbach, a new teacher from Germany that couldn't remember anybody's name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking home was a drag. I lived a mile and a half away from the school. Being as skinny as I am (I'm twig skinny, I know, disgusting) it takes even longer because I don't have much energy.

Out of nowhere, there was a crack in the sidewalk and I fell as casually as I could because I didn't know if someone was watching me or not.

Thank God I did that. I heard two familiar voices. One was soft and one was down to earth.

Stephanie and...

I didn't know.

Stephanie walked right past me to the house next to mine. Yay! -_-

I looked up to see one of the guys from the lunch table. After he helped me up I asked him which guy he was. It wasn't Cody. I would have gotten up myself if it was him.

After my vision became clear I recognized who it was.

"Thanks Leroy."

"No problem."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure. My life isn't that interesting."

I smiled while I asked "Is Stephanie your girlfriend?"

Then he bursted out laughing then answered. "'Na. She's my twin sister."

This was a surprise to me. They looked nothing alike. Why does freakin genetics have to be so complicated?

"Cool, neighbor," I said. I saw the confused look in his eye. Then he understood. We started walking to our houses.

"So your family is the one that got a home from the non-profit organization because you didn't have one."

"Yeah." He saw the tears that started to build up in my eyes. He grabbed his gym shirt that he didn't use today and told me to use it.

It was quiet for a couple minutes because we just met and we didn't know each other that we'll. He poked me with a crazy look on his face that made his green eyes pop.

"Hey Cass. I just figured out that my mum invited your fam over for dinner and they are coming over. See you tonight!"

I hadn't realized that we had taken so long. It was about four thirty by the time we got home. It was worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phew! Got another chapter out of the way. I'm guessing that there will be 20-25 chapters. Here's Cass' neighbor/guy friend (I ship it so damn hard).

Leroy Anthony - 13