Chapter 25 - Over My Dead Body

Cassandra Lancio

I walked into my hotel room and threw myself to the bed. I can't hide in Singapore anymore since Marco followed me here. I heard a knock on my door and I opened the door

"What are you doing again?"

"You dropped this" He said as he's holding my makeup bag. I put it on the ground at the plane. I really ran away from him after we landed in Singapore but he's here again.

"So you followed me?"

"So should I throw it to the trash?" He asked and I took it away from him. I slammed the door to his face. I sighed as I walked back inside my room and threw my makeup bag to the bin. I know he will set a tracker or recorder there.

My phone beeped and someone messaged me.

Unknown :
You're still alive? Glad to see you again C.

My eyes widen seeing the text and I immediately took out my make up bag and threw it out to the balcony. I walked into the bathroom and called Matthew.

"What?"

"Kolen contacted me!"

"I knew it! If you weren't that clumsy to go out in public, he won't find you! Gosh Cassandra!" He's mad

"I brought an injection, I can inject him and he will faint around 12 hours." I said

"He will know, Cassie. He's not an idiot. He will be more furious!"

"I'm sorry.. but what now?"

"Deal with Kolen yourself, if Marco gets hurt.. your family will be next!" He ended the call and I sighed. I cursed myself for being clumsy until Marco noticed me. I walked out to the bedroom and changed my clothes.

I walked out from the hotel room with my purse only. I walked to the lift and went to the lobby. I bet Marco will track me so I'm glad that I always bring my other fake identity along with me.

Suddenly my phone rang.. It's the unknown number again. I picked it up.

"What do you want?"

"A revenge for my brother's death" He said in a cold tone

"What do you want, Kolen?"

"Bring yourself back to our clan, I'll see you tomorrow." Shit! Shit! Shit!

I turned off my phone and threw it to the nearest trash. I walked towards the festival near the Marina place. I slipped through the crowd and walked to the hotel there.

I saw someone already waiting for me and I got into the lift with him. We went up to the 26th floor and walked down to the 24th by stairs Marco won't be able to track us. I got into Ray's hotel room.

"Are you damn crazy?" He asked

"I'm here because you're here idiot! I don't have anyone else!"

"What do you need?" He asked

"I need to go back to New York again, Kolen was looking for me. Apparently I got caught because Marco was following me. Kolen has his eyes on Marco all this time" I said and Ray sighed

"Good thing I brought my jet here."

"Marco is in this building, ask your men to hold him. Inject him this.. 1 injection 12 hours" I gave him 4 injections. It won't harm his body. Trust me. I studied that kind of thing too.

"Just pretend that you're kidnapping him becau-"

"7 Gold Lifes.."

"Matt knew you idiot! Don't worry!" I said and I took off my shirt.

"Don't tempt me!"

"Shut up and do your job! 1 million again!" I said and he sighed. He walked out from his room and I changed my clothes quickly. I need to start moving. I took out my new phone with a new number.

I'm sorry Marco.. you'll never get me again after this. I might die after facing Kolen. I sighed and walked out Ray's hotel room. I got a message from Ray that he already put him to sleep.

I asked him to keep holding him here in Singapore. I went down to the lobby and took a cab to the airport. I found Ray's men already waiting for me. I got into the jet with him and flew back to New York.

I need to come up with a plan. How am I going to kill Kolen?

How am I going to kill Kolen? How? How?

I was so anxious and it made the flight felt so fast. I landed in New York and as soon as I got out from the airport. Kolen's men already greeted me. Shit!

I can't go to Ray's base to get weapons. I cursed myself as they caught me immediately. They put me into a black fan and injected me with something.

As long as Marco's not hurt, I'm good. I'm sorry Marco.. I'm so sorry. I blacked out not long after that.

I opened my eyes and the first thing I see was Kolen's face. He slapped me really hard and kicked me. I can't attck him because he handcuffed my hands to the back. He kicked me right on my stomach making a lot of blood coming out from my mouth. He pulled my hair up and pushed my head to the wall.

"You know what will you get when you betrayed us right?" He asked in a really angry tone

"I know" I said and he slapped me again. I fell down on the floor and he kicked me again. I felt so weak and I can't defend myself. The liquid that he injected me making me feel weak.

"I will.. make you suffer first before you die, Cassandra." He pulled my hair and made me stand up. He punched me and slapped me. He pushed me to the wall and then pulled me and kicked me again.

"You've been free for 1 year and it's time for you to leave the world" He said as he loaded his gun. He pointed at me.

Suddenly someone bursted the door, I can't turned my head to the door.

"Over my dead body." No.. no.. no.. Marco..