Secrets Exposed

Mal's P.O.V.

Evie explained everything that happened then said that she felt exhausted so we let her sleep. Lonnie, Jane, and I decided to head to the library and catch up on our homework.When we walked in I saw Daisy and Ben sitting off in the corner and Daisy looked upset."No it's not like I yelled at her telling her to look away.I just didn't want her to see what they did."I hear her say and Ben nodded. Lonnie and Jane noticed that I stopped so they walked back to me and looked where I was looking."You have to tell her.I mean you won't ever have to see them again and Evie is your girlfriend.She is very understanding."Ben says and I was so confused."Mal what's up?"Carlos says kind of loud as he walks over to me and the girls. Daisy looked up and saw us looking her way so she said goodbye to Ben and went out the other library door."Hey I'll be right back."I say to the girls and Carlos then take off after Daisy.

To be honest I forgot how fast she was and how skilled she was with parcore.She was able to climb up to the balcony of the courtyard in a matter of seconds.I ran up the stairs but by the time I was up there she had disappeared.I sat down in one of the chairs near the edge of the balcony and thought about what Ben and her said.Daisy didn't want Evie to see what someone did to her.I wonder what really happened after we left the Isle."Hey Mal.You okay?"I hear Jay ask making me look up and see him walking towards me."Yeah I'm okay. I'm just thinking about something."I say and Jay sits next to me."Oh yeah, what is it?"He asks."It's just something that happened on Evie and Daisy's date.I overheard Dais and Ben talking about something but I just don't understand it."I say and Jay shrugs."Did Daisy tell you about anything that happened to her after we left the Isle?"

I ask and I can tell Jay tensed up a bit."Um no not really.We don't have a chatty friendship.Its mainly just hanging out and playing games."He says and I can tell he was lying but I just let it go.I'll have to talk to Daisy herself to try and find out the information."Oh okay.I was just wondering."I say and Jay nodded.We both got up and headed back to the library and hung out with everyone.Jazzy joined us a little while later then we all went and hung out in the boys room to play video games. When it got late we all headed to our own rooms to start getting ready for bed.When I walked into me and Evie's dorm I saw that Evie was still sleeping soundly.I went and sat down on my bed then noticed a little folded up paper sitting on my pillow.I unfolded it and saw Daisy's hand writing so I walked to the bathroom to get some light.The note read:

"Meet me at the Tourney Field at 10 o'clock. -Dais."

I checked my clock and saw that it was 9:46 so I made my way to the Tourney Field.When I got there I didn't see anyone until I turned and looked at the top of the bleachers."Dais?"I say not sure if it was her on top of the bleachers or not.The figure got up and started jumping down the bleachers."I know you heard something."She says and I nod. "What happened to you on the Isle Dais?Why are you keeping things from Evie?Why did you run from me earlier?"I ask quickly."Slow down Mal." Daisy says and I breath and calm myself."I'm sorry but I need answers.Evie was upset when you guys came back."I say and Daisy looked down.There was a long silence until I heard sniffles."Something happened Mal."Daisy says and I could hear that she was crying.I walked forward and hugged her tight and she just let herself cry into my shoulder.

When she calmed down we started to walk around the Tourney Field."So what happened?"I ask and Daisy takes a deep breath."Well a couple of days after you guys left the group that would bully me when you weren't around found me.They kept on asking how tough I felt now that my protection left me behind.They took me to this old alley way and beat me.All I could do was curl up into a ball and just wish as hard as I could that one of you would run up and stop them.But obviously that didn't happen."Daisy says and tears started to fall again. I grabbed her hand and she started to regather her thoughts."They didn't stop.It continued till the day before I came here."Daisy says and I feel anger start to grow in my chest."They didn't just beat me up with their fists.No, they started bringing knives, and lighters, and someone even brought a brander."Daisy says and the anger only grew.