four; flashback

{chapter four// flashback}

LUKE'S POV:

I sit on the couch, a beer in my hands, looking through my photos of pictures of her. She just left and there was nothing I could do to stop them. She called my name and I looked her in the eyes and watched her leave. I throw the beer on the ground, smashing it, before grabbing another. I rub my hair and mess it up. I exit my pictures and scroll through my contacts before clicking Beccas.

It rang twice before I got her voicemail, "Hi, this is Rebecca Anderson please leave a message at the beep."

*beep*

"Hey Bec. I'm so sorry. Call me back? I love you." then I hung up and went back to scrolling through my contacts.

Ashton. I should call Ashton.

"Hey Ashton." I say trying to hide my sadness.

"What's up man?"

"Can you and the boys come over?"

"Sure, on our way." He said before hanging up.

Next thing I know Calum knocked on the door before opening it and bringing in Ashton and Michael with him.

"You okay man?"

"Bec's gone."

"Where is she?"

"Her parents took her."

"And?" I forgot the guys didn't know that her parents would abuse her.

"Oh umm nothing. I just uhh miss her." I say trying to convince them and also myself that she's ok.

"Uh huh." Michael says walking over to the fridge and grabbing three beers, tossing one each to Calum and Ash.

"What do you guys want to do today?" Ashton asks us before I get a phone call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I say holding up my pointer finger to the boys alerting them to shut up.

"Is this Luke Hemmings?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you know a Rebecca Anderson?"

"Yeah, she is my girlfriend why?"

"I'm going to need you to get to the hospital immediately."

"Wait what? What happened?"

"Just get here."

"No wait is she oka-" then the woman on the phone hung up.

I rub my hair once more before looking at the boys with worried eyes.

"We need to go to the hospital." I say grabbing my coat and walking to my car, starting it and leaving the driveway. I assume Calum, Michael, and Ashton will take their car and follow me. I rush to the hospital ignoring the red lights and getting honked at. I don't care how many tickets I get as long as I get to Bec.

When I get to the hospital I run through the front doors and stop at the counter.

"What can I help you with?" the lady at the counter pops her gum.

"My wife, umm is she here? Her name is Rebecca Anderson." I lie saying she's my wife because they won't let me see her (if she is here) if I'm not family.

"Let me check." The woman scrolls through her computer looking at something.

"She's in room 417 on the third floor."

Without a word I run to the elevator and click repeatedly on the third floor button. What if she's dying? What happened? Did her parents beat her so bad she had to go to the hospital?

The door to the elevator opens and I run down the hall slipping slightly as I turn the corner. Eventually I find room 417 and knock with the backs of my hands.

A nurse opens the door.

"Who are you?"

"Her husband." I lie again.

"Aren't you a little young?"

"Just please let me in. I love her, please. I need to see her." I beg about to cry.

"Okay fine, but I know your lying." She says stepping aside from the door to let me in.

On the bed I see her laying there. She's asleep and there's a small beeping sound in the room. Her face has blood on it, with black stuff.

"What happened?" I ask turning to the nurse.

"She was in a car accident." The nurse says leaving the room.

I walk to Bec and hold her small hand in mine resting my forehead on hers.

"I love you so much." I whisper hoping she can hear me, but probably can't.

She mumbles something and opens her eyes.

"Who are you?" She asks sounding shocked and scooting up the bed, away from me.

"It's, it's Luke. Your boyfriend."

"Umm, I don't know who you are."

"What?"

"I can't remember you. I can't remember anything."

"I love you, how can you not remember me?"

"I can't." She says before falling back asleep, like nothing happened. Like she wasn't even awake during that conversation.

Then Calum, Michael, and Ashton walk in with wide eyes and Calum grips my shoulder, and pats my back.

-

A couple hours later I get the news she was in a car accident with her family. Her brother is dead and her parents are in critical condition.

I decide to shake her to see if she will wake, "Babe?" I ask hoping when she wakes she will remember who I am.

She jolts up, "Who- What- Where am I?"

Crap, she doesn't remember.